Location in Majesty's Rest
(Click to enlarge)
Rotscale is a mighty reanimated dragon from the Shiverpeak Mountains, near the Frost Gate and recently made a trek to Kryta, where many adventurers attempted to slay it. Eventually, Rotscale reached the border of the Maguuma Jungle, in Majesty's Rest, where it currently resides with its small but powerful undead army, including several Rotting Dragons. Rumors claim that Rotscale guards treasure, supposedly a weapon of value.
- Deathly Swarm
- Desecrate Enchantments
- Feast of Corruption (elite)
- Deafening Roar (monster skill)
- Stun Immunity (monster skill)
- Unlike other zombies, it does not take double damage from holy damage.
- Rotscale has 17700 health in Hard Mode. It's accompanied by two Damned Clerics, a Necrid Horseman, four Rotting Dragons, and three Skeleton Bowmasters.
- Five Smoke Phantoms popup at the bridge leading to Rotscale while fighting Rotscale and its group.
- Certain areas past the bridge around Rotscale periodically inflicts poison on party members and allies.
- You can pay for two buffs after summoning a Champion of Balthazar at the statue of Balthazar near the bridge to Rotscale:
- While Rotscale can be killed during A Vengeance of Blades, doing so will not complete the related Zaishen Bounty.
- Rotscale is one of the few non-boss creatures that drops a unique weapon.
- Rotscale's Army Increasing in Majesty's Rest, by the Scribe.
- There used to be a boss called Rotscale in Sanctum Cay. This boss has since been renamed to simply "Bone Dragon" to prevent confusion.
- Rotscale is one of the oldest creatures in the game; it was in the early betas in 2004, where there was a quest and a mission (both removed) near the Frost Gate in which the player had to kill it.
- Prior to June 15th, 2006, Rotscale was a monk accompanied by four Bone Dragons.