From Guild Wars Wiki
|Section||The Desolation Quests|
|Given by|| Shanrah |
in Crystal Overlook
|Preceded by||Sanctum Cay and Gate of Desolation|
- Guild Wars Prophecies installed on the account
- Travel to the Arid Sea in Tyria and find the bones of Shanrah's husband.
- Investigate Rotal's bones.
- Strike down Khepkhet Marrowfeast [sic] in Prophet's Path and free the souls of Rotal's daughters.
- See Shanrah for your reward.
- Shanrah will no longer spawn after this quest is completed.
- Rotal's bones are located at the south end of the Arid Sea. Rather than using map travel, it is faster to find the Forgotten Guardian at the northwestern end of Crystal Overlook and have him teleport you to the Arid Sea.
- After speaking with Rotal, you will need to kill Kepkhet Marrowfeast in Prophet's Path.
- Travel back to Shanrah in Elona for your reward.
- "Long ago, my family traveled from our home in Vabbi following the footsteps of the great Turai Ossa. We fell ill after passing through an area with an awful smell and yellow haze and I died at this very spot. My daughters hastily buried me and continued north. I do not know what happened to them, but I can feel my husband's grief and anguish from across the desert. Please, go to my husband. He wallows in his guilt and his spirit is bound to the land. I wish to release him from his anguish, but my spirit is bound here."
- "You saw my wife? How I miss her so! Her compassion calms my restless spirit, but I cannot rest, knowing the fate of our precious daughters. Long ago, in an act of mercy, I helped my daughters achieve eternal rest to escape the disease and heat of this awful desert that was eating away at their bodies. But the eyes of something horrible were watching and waiting to devour not just their bodies, but their souls. It was the Scarab Queen! I saw her devour them whole, trapping their souls to feed upon for eternity. I see her even now, feasting on the remains the desert provides. You must save them! Strike down the Scarab Queen and free the souls of my daughters from their eternal torment!"
- "Look at my daughters. Are they not beautiful? My heart sings now that I am reunited with them. After you slew the beast that bound their spirits, they journeyed here to tell me of their fate. I now know what happened following my death. I was shocked to hear what my husband did. And , while I may never be able to forgive him for killing our daughters, I know in my heart it was an act of mercy and love. I cannot hate him for it. Soon my daughters and I will travel to Rotal's resting place and show him we are still a family."
- When you return to Shanrah for your reward, her daughters, Kyrisah and Meymo, will be standing next to her.
- The Bleached Bones east of the Dunes of Despair in The Arid Sea was the first mention of this story, which remained incomplete until Nightfall was released. If a player does not already have the quest from Shanrah, it will make no mention of either the quest or trying to find her.
- This quest can be completed at the same time as the Kepkhet Marrowfeast Zaishen quest.
- This is one of very few quests requiring you to kill a pre-existing boss.