The Arid Sea
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|The Arid Sea|
Vulture Drifts (2 exits)
The Arid Sea is the driest and most inhospitable part of the Crystal Desert, as evidenced by the sparse population of desert creatures. A long time ago, there used to be a thriving settlement here, before internal dispute brought it all to ruin. Now, nothing lies here save dust, ruins, and memories.
Far to the south, a little known passage takes would-be explorers to the continent of Elona.
- 20 Forgotten Guardian
- 20 Rotal (Bleached Bones)
- 15 Siliss Yassith
- 15 Yannel Brunn
- 10 Sir Kaufman (collector for 5 Massive Jawbones)
- 15 Sir Pohl Sanbert (collector for 5 Dune Burrower Jaws)
- 20 Nido Shabra (artisan)
- 22 (26) Dune Burrower
- 20 (26) Enchanted Hammer
- 20 (26) Enchanted Sword
- 20 (26) Enchanted Bow
- 22 (26) Sand Giant
- 22 (26) Hydra
- 20 (26) Salving Cactus
- 20 (26) Rock-Eater Scarab
- 20 (26) Jade Scarab
- 22 (26) Sand Wurm
- 26 (30) Graf Wask Derg
- 26 (30) Brol Migo Hinga
- 26 (30) Rept Parn Freg
- 26 (30) Chak Hack Schawack
- 26 (30) Sheg Zamn Mada
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Arid Gladefields.|
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.3% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 110 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 87 to 137 foes.
- There are several small hidden groups of scarabs scattered throughout the area. A Dune Burrower tends to have a pair of hidden scarabs nearby.
- There's also a chance of encountering hidden Sand Wurms and Salving Cacti. Make sure you kill them before moving on; if they burrow and hide, they still count against your vanquisher kills.
- There might be a hydra group (sometimes a boss group) that patrols clockwise around the edge of the map. If you're having troubles finding the last group, try running counter-clockwise to intercept them.
- The south-western section contains only hidden foes.
- If a player has both Prophecies and Nightfall on the same account, there is a transfer point in this region to the far south via Forgotten Guardian. Characters must have already completed the Gate of Desolation mission to use this exit. By using the portal from Crystal Overlook, players can bring in a party of eight instead of the normal six, to help with vanquishing (although the relatively small enemy groups tend to make this unnecessary).
|Explorable areas in the Crystal Desert|
|Diviner's Ascent • Prophet's Path • Salt Flats • Skyward Reach • The Arid Sea • The Scar • Vulture Drifts|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|