From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)||Dunes of Despair|
The Arid Sea (2 exits)
Vulture Drifts is dotted with ruins of a failed civilization, overcome by the unforgiving nature of the Crystal Desert. In the northwest, a circular series of strange monuments, perhaps tombs, surrounding a large skeleton of an unknown creature.
- 15 Brandon Harlin (collector for 5 Encrusted Lodestones)
- 10 Karl Jakobs (collector for 5 Massive Jawbones)
- 15 Kraviec the Cursed (collector for 5 Iridescent Griffon Wings)
- 10 Uderit Ignis (collector for 5 Jade Mandibles)
- 21 (26) Sand Drake
- 20 (26) Sand Elemental
- 22 (26) Sand Giant
- 21 (26) Desert Griffon
- 26 (26) Hydra (Crystal Desert)
- 20 (26) Minotaur (Crystal Desert)
- 22 (26) Sand Wurm
- 26 (30) Brol Migo Hinga
- 26 (30) Graf Wask Derg
- 26 (30) Rept Parn Freg
- 26 (30) Jewk Swem Pleg
- 26 (30) Chak Hack Schawack
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Vulture Drifts.|
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.9% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Condition removal helps counter Plague Touch or Eruption and "Can't Touch This!" blocks the touch skills of scarabs.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 230 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 207 to 261 foes.
- There are a lot of hidden scarabs towards the northwest, especially near the northwestern corner. Move slowly to avoid over-aggroing.
- There are a few hidden devourers and possibly Sand Wurms in the southeastern and eastern sections.
- The western section can be difficult due the knock downs from Sand Elementals and Sand Drakes; pull carefully, bring anti-KD skills, or, at least, keep your party spread out.
- A lone Hydra group patrols the northwest and is easily missed because it starts circling clockwise when you enter its radar range. To avoid hunting for it, approach from the east when you first encounter it (so that it moves towards you); if you think you missed it, start your own patrol in a counter-clockwise direction. The group does not always spawn.
- There are also two lone sand drakes, one patrolling East-West in the NW and one patrolling North-South in the far West, which may not appear until after you have left that region of the map.
- Two groups of Sand Giants patrol the Eastern side of the zone.
- Expect to spend at least 10 minutes finding the last foes on this map as it is very vast and annoying to navigate.
- Bring "Can't Touch This!" or "Don't Trip!": touch skills and AoE knockdown are abundant!
|Explorable areas in the Crystal Desert|
|Diviner's Ascent • Prophet's Path • Salt Flats • Skyward Reach • The Arid Sea • The Scar • Vulture Drifts|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|