"It seems that Holy damage is not mitigated by Abaddon, but Lightbringers ?Gate? is by more than 50%." is this a typo??--WikiWu 10:43, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
- 1 You got Served
- 2 For the love of all that is holy
- 3 Glitch?
- 4 Outdated strategy: Defeating Abaddon using damage reflection skills
- 5 Adding Wastrel's Worry
- 6 redirect
- 7 Armor Ignoring skills
- 8 Running
- 9 No Video
- 10 Cake to solo
- 11 Balanced Stance
- 12 Hexbreaker Aura and Song of Purification
- 13 Note?
- 14 Hard Mode
- 15 NM - ez as monk
- 16 Post-Mesmer update
- 17 Line about Kormir not using skills
- 18 Graven Monoliths Spamming Ether Feast
- 19 Damage return skills reintroduced?
- 20 waaaay too easy
- 21 God of the Dance
- 22 Words of Madness
- 23 Drop
You got Served
When you attempt to make Abaddon Dance, does the whole party need to be dancing or just one of the party members? --AnonJoe 06:05, 30 March 2007 (EDT)
- All human players Fox 06:08, 30 March 2007 (EDT)
Mmmmkay thanks :P Just updated it on the article :P --AnonJoe 06:10, 30 March 2007 (EDT)
- Wouldn't matter as henchmen and heroes dance when you do (sometimes it takes two attempts - the first /dance will make them face you and get in formation, the second will get them dancing). Just go into the mission alone if you want to see him! :D File:Esig2.jpg Eldin 16:38, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- The "/dancenew" command makes them all dance, even if you have a non collector's edition and without regard for charachter class. This command will cause all heroes and henchies to do a small portion of their dance routine, and then start over in an endless loop. "/dance" almost invariably causes them to play a random instrument. Gwynna Vive 04:03, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
For the love of all that is holy
Can someone at Anet please make Kohmir a non-blocking NPC for this mission? Since this mission requires running back and forth quickly, and she follows the party leader, she is constantly in the way. The result is that the pathfinding decides to just not effing move whenever she is in the goddamn way. I'm not even sure why she needs to follow the party down for the fight, just make her wait somewhere out of the way. - HeWhoIsPale 17:03, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- Second that! All NPC's should be like the the Ghostly Hero, or Gwen, who will wait at any point you talk to them at, and will resume following when you talk to them again. Nothing is more annoying, especially when Mehnlo or Togo charge in and commit suicide during a mission or quest, or in this case, you and half your party (including the leader) get pinned between a rock, the ledge, and Kormir, and she won't move :( Gwynna Vive 04:10, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
I'll drink to that one, NPC's who endlessly follow you when they pose NO use in the mission itself should for one NOT block and be allowed to be told to stay where they are, irritates the hell out of me when Allie NPC's block you...Especially when they're useless to the quest. Kinslayer 12:53, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed - this is only impossible with henchmen because Kormir the sod.. is blocking the way. Make her like npcs you can walk through please >.> --Chieftain Alex 21:27, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Another notorious mission problem that Anet will never fix.--18.104.22.168 05:40, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
Now, if only she would accompany the party until the place where the road splits up, that would be so much better. But this is the hidden part of the challenge, why else would it be so easy in comparison to the last Factions mission, that nobody runs people through the mish for money? Paddymew 22:43, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- For that matter, making her take all the credit for this whole fight when she just got in the way makes me sad. :( (Bladecutter 17:34, 16 November 2009 (UTC))
I tried using the vengeful weapon/weapon of remedy/reversal of damage strategy, but when I equipped my heroes with weapon of remedy and vengeful weapon, Abbadon's health bar didn't go down. I killed the two groups on both the sides. I never attacked the center group. Abbadon was constantly using words of madness. Still, it didn't go down at all. It worked with me only with reversal of damage (which was tested in a different try). Anybody have an idea as to how this happened? Ace 21:18, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- The 16/08/07 update changed Abaddon so that he is no longer affected by the Vengeful Weapon strategy. --Zaxares 11:37, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- Shouldn't the page be updated then, in the strategy of defeating abbadon section?Ace 01:17, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Outdated strategy: Defeating Abaddon using damage reflection skills
Until the 2007 August 16th update, it was possible to defeat Abbadon easily using damage reflection skills. This strategy has now been made inviable, but it has been kept here as a historial record (if anyone wants to move this, I have placed it here as I think it does not belong on the main page anymore) Erasculio 18:34, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
The easiest way to defeat Abaddon, gain masters and do so with the least amount of trouble is to use ritualist and monk damage reflection skills. These skills are: Vengeful Weapon, Weapon of Remedy and Reversal of Damage. The trick with these three skills is that whenever an ally takes damage they inflict an amount of damage (or loss of life) upon the creature that caused the damage. This is used in conjuction with Abaddon's skill Words of Madness which damages all party members. So, the basic premise is to stand there and let Abaddon blow the party away with his Words of Madness all the while draining his life away.
Two ritualists, each equipped with Weapon of Remedy and Vengeful Weapon, will kill Abaddon fastest. However, since this method can be used to run people through the mission, the formation of the rest of the party is really up to circumstances. However, the party should have at least:
- One ritualist with Vengeful Weapon and Weapon of Remedy.
- One monk with sufficient healing skills.
- Preferably, a protection monk with multiple condition removal skills to remove the daze from the healer and a necromancer who can BiP the ritualist because the procedure is very energy intensive.
Strategy: Abaddon will not use Words of Madness consistently until you shackle both his hands. As such the party needs to have enough firepower to actually kill the two monoliths on each side.
- Kill the two Graven Monoliths on the right side.
- Kill the two on the left.
- Stand in the middle and do NOT aggro the third and final pair of monoliths (watch out for the occassional Torment Claw spawn).
- The ritualist can now spam Weapon of Remedy and Vengeful weapon on the party members between Words of Madness attacks. Ideally he/she can get off 2 of each before the next wave hits.
- Other party members should just stand there and watch Abaddon die. If there's another ritualist, then all 8 party members can be covered and that will kill him twice as fast.
Adding Wastrel's Worry
I added Wastrel's Worry as a recomended skill, since:
- The damage will trigger each 1 second, wich means about 50 damage per second; - The recharge of the skill is of 1 second, meaning the skill will be spammable; - The skill costs only 5 energy, so it's easy to spam; - Abaddon won't use skills often, so the damage will almost aways trigger.
I thought 50 damage per second agains this Boss is very nice, but, if for some reason I am mistaken, feel free to correct me. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Drake of Storms (talk).
- Problems with this;
- -1.When you recast a hex it is renewed, not Removed and put back on.
- -2. because its easy to spam a mesmer might froget the bug and use up all his energy.
- -3. Daze = Not as powerfull. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
Theorycraft up there. WW works great. Spammable and big domages. 126.96.36.199 00:02, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
Armor Ignoring skills
Armor ignoring skills like: A Touch of Guile, and "You move like a dwarf!" work great against abbadon. If you have r8 Lightbringer [Holy Lightbringer] Echoing these skills should make your success easy [r8 Lightbringer + Armor Ignoring 80 dmg = 112]. I just beat it in HM with a few people using Arcane Echo -> A touch of guile -> A touch of guile -> "You move like a Dwarf!". There you go, he died pretty fast and it was really easy. We just brought 3 monks, one prot monk with Extinguish and a Paragon with Song of Purity, or w/e that one elite is that takes away conditions when skills are used. Because both Arcane Echo and A touch of Guile are non attribute you just need to be /Me.--Ʀєʟʟɑ 01:03, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
If there is anyone out there who can actually run this mission, please let me know in game. My IGN is The Ultimate Hero. Please help soon.
- You can't. thats lawl.
It can be run by a Paragon. Will not tell you how, just that is possible and it takes ~25mins.
Paragon can do it with 12 spear and 12 command. SkillSet: "Never Surrender!", Spear of Lightning, Mighty Throw, Merciless Spear, Swift Javelin, Sunspear Rebirth Signet, Godspeed, "Fall Back!"
- This skillset has no elite in which people will tend to bash. However, if used properly, it is the best skillset for a paragon to use against Abaddon. I have used this build every time I fought him, and every time I did I got master's reward on both normal and hard modes.
-- Don Kano
the external link to Abbadon dancing references a video which has been deleted by user. Lyn Darksight 17:46, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Cake to solo
I got 12:37 by using Fire ele, interrupter, and n/rt from the Sabway build as heroes, and the Earth, Healer, and Warrior henchmen. It' very simple, kill the monoliths to one arm, then the other. Then the last in front of him. Then just dps Abbadon as fast as possible, and flag your heroes at the middle path when he's unbound and repeat, took maybe 6 waves. Also, when Torment Claws come, focus on them. They aren't that hard with interrupts, but they got Earth henchie down for like 3 seconds. Equip you and yourself with signet rezzes, cause you're getting a morale boost every 30 seconds. Hope this helps.~Farlo Talk 18:37, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Lol....its been a cake forever. 188.8.131.52 16:20, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Hexbreaker Aura and Song of Purification
Im adding both of these skill in the Paragon area. Hexbreaker Aura works when the Monoliths are in their Mesmer form where they cast Conjure Phantasm on each party member and Song of Purification where cripple and Dazed occurs with both of these, a caster is free of hexes and conditions most of the time.--ShadowFog 18:12, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Maybe note that if you kill the 2 Western Monliths (near Abbadon's head) before killing the ones North and South (near his hands) the wWestern ones will respawn. And a bug: even if you killed the monoliths near his hands, the ones near his head may respawn several times before you can damage abbadon when there's a torment claw present.--184.108.40.206 14:15, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
On the front page there are no levels associated for doing this mision in hard mode. Does this imply that the monoliths and Abbadon are the same level in normal mode as they are in hard mode? --Stu 09:42, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
NM - ez as monk
me - Healers Boon, Holy haste, orison of healing, heal party, remove hex, finish him, LB signet, gaze of the LB
hero1 - e/me - glpyh of lesser e, aura of resto, lava arrows, fire storm, mind blast, liquid flame, wastrels worry, rez sig hero2 - mo - peace and h, prot spirit, shield of absorp, heavens del, RoF, aegis, sig of rej, rez sig hero3 - mo/me - light of deliv, heal party, patient spirit, sig of rej, prot spirit, hex breaker, WW, rez sig
and some hench...cynn, devona. derv and a healer? cant remember
piece of cake :) 220.127.116.11
Bring a spirit spammer with SoS and this mission is a joke beat it in 5:53 on HM --Conan The Doommaker 00:23, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Not only NM, but HM as well. Anyone who tackles this without a monk with Martyr + self-condition removal is nuts. Yeah, it's an elite, but with a 10 second recharge (Extinguish is 12), it matches the recharge for Words of Madness. As soon as everyone is dazed, cast Martyr, then remove daze from self. Micro with heroes if necessary so they don't use it too early. PJ 04:38, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
It should be noted on this talk page atleast that this mission is finally a bit more challenging now and may even necessitate (b/c Hexbreaker Aria is definitely not strong enough anymore) bringing a dedicated Expel/Divert hexes hero in addition to a L.o.D. + HealArea monk because the amount of degen & AoE damage the party takes now has effectively doubled when every Clumsiness on your midline triggers. Pulling completely out of range of ALL monliths before his hands "break free" again is also a good idea now because I noticed his own attacks may be dealing dealing more damage as well... (might try testing later on to confirm but it's difficult to tell with so many things going on at once in this mission) --ilr 19:56, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
Line about Kormir not using skills
I just did it and I noticed she uses atleast Incoming however, on the page it says she doesn't use any skills. I can redo and get a screenie of her using or if someone else wants to do it and confirm.
- I've moved it to the Notes section and changed it based on what is indicated at Kormir#Notes. --Silver Edge 20:13, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Graven Monoliths Spamming Ether Feast
I noticed that the Graven Monoliths spam Ether Feast faster than normal. I timed a few, and their cast and recast times are at least half of what the skill describes. On average most cast times were about 0.5 seconds and they would often recast after about four seconds. Is there something that I'm missing that's accounting for this? Ahaceleb Tirisfaell 18:09, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, it appears that all of their skills (at least as Mesmers) appear to be halved. I noticed Clumsiness only takes about one second to cast for them. Haven't been paying attention to Dervish or Paragon forms. Ahaceleb Tirisfaell 18:13, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Damage return skills reintroduced?
I know its been said that the vengeful weapon and weapon of remedy way of killing abaddon was nerfed, but having done the mission just then on a new character, his health was dropping while he wasnt attackable, the only way i can conclude why this happened was due to olias using vengeful weapon. I wasn't trying to use this strategy, he just happened to have it equiped on him.18.104.22.168 12:49, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
waaaay too easy
with the new 7 hero cap this can easily be done in under 6 minutes nm or hm
- Cool story. 22.214.171.124 02:27, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
Pve-only skills, in general, make this entire game ridiculously easy, what's your point? This mission was never hard, even with just 3 heros/4 hench, or all henchmen for that matter. 126.96.36.199 19:19, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
God of the Dance
He should be given the title "God of the Dance" because he can kill you with his dancing.--Titania La Fey 03:17, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- That took you four years? A F K When Needed 04:03, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
Words of Madness
Did this move change? Cause he doesn't hit one target. It hits the whole party every time I do the mission.