The Search for Survivors
|The Search for Survivors|
|Given by||Lieutenant Murunda |
in Dzagonur Bastion
|Preceded by||Grand Court of Sebelkeh|
|Followed by||Reclaiming the Temple|
(Click to enlarge)
- Find Ahmtur the Mighty and the other soldiers in the Mirror of Lyss.
- Search for and rescue Nightfall survivors in the ruins of the Mirror of Lyss and the surrounding area. [3...0] of 3 survivor groups remain.
- Escort Priest Tuwahan to the safety of the Kodash Bazaar.
- Shuttle the family to the protection of the Kodash Bazaar.
- Help the students reach the refuge of the Kodash Bazaar.
- See Lieutenant Murunda for your reward.
- These do not spawn if this quest is active:
Start from Dzagonur Bastion, and meet Prince Ahmtur and his guards just outside in the Mirror of Lyss. After speaking to Prince Ahmtur, a Vabbi Guard Captain and 4 Vabbi Guards will join your party to assist in the search for survivors. Do not map travel to the Grand Court of Sebelkeh, if so, the quest will not complete properly.
From here, it is a case of following the quest pointer to each of the 3 groups, and defeating any hostile groups encountered along the way. Note that the groups can be saved in any order, not necessarily the order listed in the objectives.
On arrival at the Kodash Bazaar, walk up to the entrance, but do not walk in (or leave the area) until the quest updates, otherwise the quest will not complete properly.
- 10 (20) Belanu
- 2 (20) Charmah
- 10 (20) Kimab
- 10 (20) Nokwa
- 10 (20) Priest Tuwahan
- 10 (20) Talgun
- 10 (20) Zardok
Humans (Vabbian military)
- 20 (20) Prince Ahmtur the Mighty
- 20 (20) Lieutenant Murunda
- 20 (20) Vabbi Guard (x4)
- 20 (20) Vabbi Guard Captain
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
- Lieutenant Murunda
- "It's just awful what became of the temple when Nightfall arrived. Lucky ones fled and scattered into the surround area. Prince Ahmtur is searching for survivors in the Mirror of Lyss with a small contingent of soldiers. I'm worried about him, but I know he'd be furious if I chased him down. I don't know what I...what WE would do without him. Would you find him?"
- Prince Ahmtur the Mighty
- "For hours I've been searching for temple survivors with no luck. I'm beginning to fear the worst, but I don't want to give up until I've checked everywhere. I'd never forgive myself if someone was left behind, but I must attend to my own people, as well. Please, take these men with you and finish what I am unable to."
When saving the respective people
- Priest Tuwahan: "Horrible! People screaming...death everywhere. I was separated from a group. They might still be alive. I saw a family with a little girl and a group of students out in the field. They could still be out there...trapped."
- Belanu: "Thank Lyssa! We thought we were done for. We saw a group of students back that way. We could not stop to help them in our rush to escape."
- Charmah: "Papa, are they going to hurt us?"
- Vabbi Guard: "No, child, We are here to help, but we must hurry. Let's go!"
- Zardok: "Please, help us escape this madness!"
- Nokwa: "We saw a family of three fleeing the temple, but there could still be priests left inside. Can we please go now? It's dangerous here."
- When taking the respective NPCs to The Kodash Bazaar
- Priest Tuwahan: "Thank you all! I would not have made it back if it were not for your help. May Lyssa guide you on your travels."
- Belanu: " "You and your companions have my greatest thanks. We will not forget this act of kindness."
- Lieutenant Murunda
- "It's good to know you have brought those survivors some peace this day, but they are forever transformed in the wake of the horrors they've witnessed. Please, accept this token of my gratitude."
- The survivor groups follow the party around, but do not join as allies, so they are not attacked by hostile groups (except for any accidental AoE effects targeted on the party members).
- The survivor groups move slowly and so care should be taken that they do not get stuck on any objects - all of the survivors are required to complete the quest.
- It isn't necessary to use the Vabbi Guards, so you may start from Kodash Bazaar if you wish (i.e. you could clear the quest path of foes before talking to Ahmtur the Mighty).
- Since the guards follow the party but not your commands, they may need to be led towards any hostile groups that you are attacking. This can be a problem for solo (with henchmen) players who use ranged attacks and skills, since you may have to move into close aggro range to ensure the guards start to attack.
- Priest Tuwahan from this quest is quite close to Hanbahd from The Madness of Prophecy quest, and since you will have 5 guard NPCs to assist you, that quest can also be completed very easily while doing this one.
- If you die and resurrect via a shrine, the survivors you have gathered will rejoin your party by running towards you from your previous point of death.