- This article is about the prophecies. For the book, see The Flameseeker Prophecies.
The Flameseeker Prophecies are a collection of proclamations foreseen by the dragon Glint in 272 AE in Guild Wars Prophecies. They are a collection of predictions concerning the future of Tyria and the survival of humans in the face of great and terrible events that would engulf their world.
The exact wording of the prophecies is unknown. Glint seems to be the only one fully aware of it, though the White Mantle (through the Mursaat), Vizier Khilbron, Turai Ossa, and Meerak the Shouter seem to know at least some of it as well. Along with a few Ascalonian ghosts.
The prophecy (as much as is known through the game) predicts the destruction of Ascalon, the death of Prince Rurik, civil war in the Shiverpeak Mountains, an undead force arriving, the finding of the Scepter of Orr, its falling into the hands of the Lich Lord (the Flameseeker referred to in the name), the fall of the Mursaat at the hands of the Chosen, the Lich Lord opening the Door of Komalie, and the subsequent release of the Titans (who are presumably the flame being sought out). Even the eventual downfall of the Flameseeker was foretold in the prophecies, according to Glint, so it is likely that the Lich Lord was not aware of the entire prophecy, especially given his motivation to fulfill them. Glint may even have withheld revealing parts of the prophecy until the end of the Hell's Precipice mission.
 Portions and Descriptions of the Flameseeker Prophecies
In order that is revealed.
Meerak The Shouter in Frontier Gate:
- "Hail the Flameseeker Prophecies! All shall be revealed in time, and with the revelation comes the end! Yes, the end! Heed the Prophecies! Beware the unseen enemy! Sinners, prepare to meet your makers! Heed the Prophecy well! The end is near! The prophecy is truth, and the truth shall set us free! Repent! The end is nigh! Follow the Prince! Though he is doomed, his is the only way to salvation! So saith the Prophecy! Fall down to your knees and beg the gods to spare their wayward children! Trust not the treacherous man, we have been warned! Prepare for the coming of those whose departure caused the gods to weep! The time has come to atone for our arrogance! The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it's too late!"
- "The story of our destruction was foretold long ago. Our names might as well have been written in the Flameseeker Prophecies."
White Mantle members in Gates of Kryta:
- "The dead rising could only mean one thing. The last days of the prophecies are near."
- "The scriptures speak of the walking dead. Soon the true seers will be revealed."
- "The war against the divine will begin soon. We must prepare ourselves."
- "These days have been foreseen. It is the beginnings of the prophecies."
- "For many centuries have I lingered here in this desert, waiting for the Prophecy to come to pass. The Chosen ones will come and help me gain access to the Mists and pass into the Hall of Heroes. It has all been foreseen."
- "We foolishly thought that we were the ones in the Flameseeker Prophecies. The ones who would rise to be led to the Hall."
- "I know that those who are proven worthy will help me open the way into the Rift. I know that those who Ascend are destined for greatness. And I know that it will be I who leads them through the treacherous afterlife to the top of the Hall of Heroes. But if you wish to know more, then you should ask the one who had the premonitions, the Prophet."
Glint in The Dragon's Lair:
- "It was almost eight hundred years ago when I foresaw the Flameseeker Prophecies. You have Ascended and awakened the gift of True Sight that lay dormant within you. The moment has finally come. You are the Chosen I have been waiting for. While you've been in the desert, the rest of the world has changed. Let me show you. As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies. Their souls are darkened by a deep secret. The Unseen gods they speak of are nothing more than a terrible and fearful race of spellcasters known as the Mursaat. As I have foreseen, the Mursaat will meet their demise at the hands of the Chosen. Their stranglehold on the lands of Kryta and beyond will be broken. For years the Mursaat and their human disciples have hunted down the Chosen, murdering them to prevent the prophecies from coming to pass. But you have slipped through their fingers, and your friends now pay the price. The one called Markis betrays them as he betrayed you, and if you do not hurry to their aid, none will survive. Many have already been taken captive. Their souls will be reaped upon one of the five Bloodstones, just as the Chosen you witnessed being slaughtered in the Maguuma Jungle. If this happens, no magic on this world or any other will bring them back. Of the future, this you must know: Your story does not end in the mountains. Your true destiny will lead you to the west, to the Ring of Fire. Seek the flame, for within it lies the power to destroy both good and evil."
Vizier Khilbron in Thunderhead Keep:
- "This is just as it was written in the Flameseeker Prophecies. An opening will be given to the disciples of the Unseen. The peaks and valleys of the Shiverpeaks will be painted in blood. At this time, the Ascendants will rise, and the way to the Door will be clear. The time of our judgment is near. We must prepare. Today's was a great victory, but now your true challenge begins. You must go to the Ring of Fire island chain. In the caldera of the largest volcano you will find the power you need."
Glint in Hell's Precipice:
- "Long into the Season of the Scion, Tyria is revived again. Over the bones of the bird of prey, the fire is put out and the diabolic gathering is closed off once again. The Flameseeker Prophecies are now complete. The Door of Komalie is closed, and the Titans are once again safely locked away behind it."
- "Your escape from the volcano's caldera was no accident. Everything has unfolded as I knew it would. The Flameseeker Prophecies have been fulfilled, and the evil machinations of Vizier Khilbron have been put to an end. But a threat still remains. The Titans the lich loosed upon the world are causing more trouble than even I could have foreseen. The world is not yet safe, and you still have work to do."