Help:Ask a game question/Archive2010 03 01-15
flameseeker written evidence
I beet the flameseeker prophicies campain, but did not have the book. Is there anyway to get the book filled without doing it all again?
- You can pay 100 gold for pages where you have completed the mission within 30 days. Anything older than that, you will have to repeat. -- Wyn talk 12:45, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
illusion skills are being automatically modified to zero "0"
I can't seem to select the first weapon slot on my paragon. When tried to be selected, it just "bounces" back on another weapon slot. Am I doing it wrong somehow?--Piippo 16:06, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Probably because you removed the weapon out of your inventory from that weapon set. So just put that weapon back in or untick and retick the option for that weapon set to clear it out. — piper doesn't talk 16:15, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- (Edit conflict) Is your inventory full? If you've got two items equipped, one item in weapon slot one, and a full inventory, it won't let you swap. -- FreedomBound 16:16, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, my equipment bag just messed up my inventory. Problem solved...--Piippo 16:33, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Changing Guild Leader
I had an old account and I was the leader of my guild, but now I have gotten a new account, and I'm on the new account much more than my old one. I want to change the guild leader to my new account character. I've searched it up and it says I can promote my officer to become the guild leader, only I have no clue how to get an officer or 'premote' them to be the guild leader,can you explain to me how? 22.214.171.124 00:37, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
- Get on your old acct, and click the icon next to your new acct's name. select promote to GL. hope this helpsSonic Friday 00:38, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
- nevermind, it's part of Vekk's armor –alistic 04:34, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
- Aha Guild Wars Wiki:Projects/Inventory icons/Hero armor –alistic 04:36, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
how do i blend dies together?--126.96.36.199 19:42, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
How do I sell items?
- If to a merchant, click on the sell word and sell what you need - same goes to dye trader, rune trader, etc. Just play to learn it. Now if to other people do the following in trade chat: "wts (item) - description price (k for the silver g for the gold)" . Description - only if you feel that it is needed to add a description and the price that you think it's worth. Examples would be to watch the trade chat in Kamadan, Lion's Arch, Ascalon, Kaineng Center, etc. Kaisha 20:56, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
To whom it may concern. I am writting in reguard to the signet of capture. for some reason I cant capture spells anymore. i am far above lvl 20 element/nec. The list appears showing what i can capture and already have. I am or should i say been trying to capture metor shower for almost 3 or more times. firehawk91
- Meteor Shower does not require a signet of capture to learn. You can learn it from Captain Greywind in North Kryta Province in Prophecies. -- Wyn talk 23:29, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
- It may (or may not) be cheaper to follow Wyn's advice and learn it from a skill trainer. However, in more direct answer to your question, does the boss know meteor shower? Also, check that you haven't already learnt Meteor Shower.--Wingsy 00:39, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
First person mode
- Scroll your mouse wheel backwards. -- Arduin 14:48, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
hi. my question about guildwars is: does your armor you are wearing change with you while you undergo a extreme makeover, and does your armor on your bank change with you? from female to male.. --188.8.131.52 20:14, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Oh course it does. Armor is genderless. It changes appearance based on what is viewing or wearing the item. You can see it for yourself, put a female character's armor into the storage, and log in into a male character. The icon will be different. — Poki#3 (talk) 03:11, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Zaishen Mission Problem
So frustrated, hope someone can help... re: the Zaishen Missions etc., trying to figure out how to complete them/get reward for them. For instance, I've completed all the team training, so I'm good to go in that respect, but I currently have tried to do the recently offered "Borlis Pass" Zaishen mission (I've completed the lighting of the torches and the bonus of killing the drake five times!!!) and I'm coming up empty handed. When I return to Zehnchu, he offers me no rewards... am I missing something here, do I return to the original Borlis Pass, or is there somewhere else i'm supposed to complete these??? The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- Covering the basics here: 1) have you double checked that you in fact have the correct Zaishen quest in your log? (you have to pick up the quest from the flagstand next to Zehnchu) and 2) do you finish the mission and get the shield with the two swords display?.--Lensor (talk) 11:10, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the quick reply Lensor, sorry for not signing my question before, very new to wiki and to GW... as for your question, yes, I do have the quest from the flagstand, and I have finished the mission with both swords showing. As I progress through doing the mission it doesn't even show progression...it does show progression in my quest log under the mission in general, but not in respect to completing it as a Zaishen mission... do I have to be a certain level? Do I go back to the original Borlis pass and click "enter mission" just as i did when i first did it? I know there is something simple i'm missing, but just can't figure it out. O_o not sure how to add personal sig... but my user here is "Li" Thanks again! --Li
- Did you actually finish the entire mission? Or just light the torches and leave? Also, you sign by adding ~~~~ at the end of your comments. — piper doesn't talk 20:49, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
I KNEW it, lol... I totally thought of that when i finished writing my last edit Piper... grrrr... I lit the torches, killed the ice drake then left. It didn't say to talk to Rurik blah blah, so i thought that would work. Thanks so much, off to Borlis I go... AGAIN!!! :D Thanks for all your help here, both of you. --Li 00:03, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
- ← moved to Help:Ask an account question#ACCOUNT
rune of absorbtion--warrior build
hi whats the difference between rune of absorbtion--(reducers physicle damage-3) and knights insignia--(received physical damage-3) which one is the best to attach to armor and if u put the rune on three items of armor does this mean that u will take - 9 damage??? thanks--220.127.116.11 17:16, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- Rune of Absorption is global, affecting damage regardless of where it "hits", Knight's Insignia is local, only affecting the piece of armor on which it is placed. -- FreedomBound 17:21, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- → moved from Talk:Game updates
When I logged in today I noticed I could see my main character wearing the lion mask, this is new for me. Ive been wearing the mask since I got it at this years canthan festival and its never shown up on my character select page before. Was there an update or has my computer been glitching and now somehow fixed itself? 18.104.22.168 21:05, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Lost Attribute Points in Eye of the North
One of my Level 20 guild members lost attribute points when he traveled to EOTN. He's a Elemental, and when he got there his Energy Storage was Negative 9 points (in red numbers). He doesn't even have enough attribute points to max out Energy Storage and Fire magic to 12 points each. It has stayed this way, even though he's gone back over to Lion's Arch. Is this a game glitch? I've never heard of this happening.--Jazminejo 04:59, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- journey to the North –Jette 05:20, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Level 20. is for Raine, etc. 08:31, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Attribute quests missing, maybe? Either that or he was level 19 as he started going to EotN and somehow it still affects you when you get to level 20 or something...tell him to undo all of his attribute points and see if he has 200, and make sure he's done both of the attribute point quests. If the answers are no and yes respectively, then I'm not sure what's going on. --Kyoshi (Talk) 14:43, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Level 20. is for Raine, etc. 08:31, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
During the quest, "To Vabbi!" the quest has disapeared from my quest log. I rerned to Elder Suhl to reaquire the quest but even he does no have the quest returned to an exclamation point above his head. I know I have no finished this quest, the obviousness in my character never being to the area in whichI am required to scout. I don't know what to do and would appreciae advice further than my alliance's sggestion of 'remake your character.'
Thank you for your time, any help is welcome.
Contact in game: Lady Ivarri
- Could you try to talk to Lonai (inside the Sunspear Sanctuary) and see if she gives you the next primary (Centaur Blackmail)? --Dragon Nataku
Hello, I was wondering if a shadow form build was still an effective build to have even though it has been nerfed, would it still be effective with the right back up skills and energy output? --22.214.171.124 12:09, 13 March 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
- This is a questions that is more appropriate for guildwars guru forums . --Lania Elderfire 14:59, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's still a good tank skill basicly. Farming could be possible in theory, but it would be extremely painful.
- You have to heavily rely on assassin enchantments, which won't leave much options for damage output, which is already limited. - J.P.Talk 15:51, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
It still is a game question technically though. --126.96.36.199 23:43, 13 March 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
What is the maximum amount of energy available to the assassin? Also, For the assassin how can you improve the amount of energy for your use? --188.8.131.52 16:00, 13 March 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
- As with any profession, the maximum energy available is going to be determined by several factors - character level - armor enhancements - weapon enhancements - skills. -- Wyn talk 16:04, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Assassins should generally have a maximum energy equal to the amount that they need to finish a full attack chain. For example, an assassin using Palm Strike, Flurry, Trampling Ox, Falling Spider, and Twisting Fangs should have at least 30 Energy. An assassin using almost the same set of skills, but with Falling Lotus Strike instead of Falling Spider, would only need 20 Energy. The amount of energy you should have will depend on the skills you are using, but 25 is generally enough for most assassins, and 30 is almost always enough. There are a few specific exceptions:
- Assassins using a 10-energy IAS, like Lightning Reflexes or Tiger's Fury, often need more energy than assassins using 5-energy IAS stances, like Flurry or Frenzy.
- Assassins using a Shadow Step before their chain should add 5 or 10 energy to the cost of their chain, depending on the cost of their Shadow Step of choice. Most cost 5 Energy, but Dark Prison, Shadow Prison, and Shadow Fang cost more.
- Assassins using hexes like Assassin's Promise, Mark of Instability, or Seeping Wound on every spike should add that cost to the cost of their chain.
- Assassins using Golden Lotus Strike, Lotus Strike, Falling Lotus Strike, or Critical Strike can should add the energy gain from those skills to their expected Energy pool. In the case of Critical Strike, it is also safe to add in the inherent bonus Energy from Critical Strikes.
- Zealous Daggers should also be taken into account, since they add energy to your pool with every attack. Because an assassin can easily gain 4-7 energy during a spike (and even more from autoattacking!) with Zealous daggers, many users prefer them.
- As far as regaining energy, Assassins can gain tons of energy by autoattacking due to their Critical Strikes attribute. They can add even more to this with the skill Critical Eye or by equipping Zealous daggers. Additionally, using the energy-gain skills listed above can also significantly decrease the amount of energy that an Assassin spends.
- In order to increase your energy pool (if it is necessary to do so; for example, if you are using Shadow Prison), you should first consider Radiant Insignias. If you still need more energy, consider adding a Rune of Attunement or two to your armor. As a last result, you can use an "I Have the Power!" inscription. However, if this is the case, you should strongly reconsider the skills that you are using because, even if you can pay for the chain, it will take you a very long time to regain the energy spent on it, and you will be ineffective during that period.
- I hope you found my wall of text helpful. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :> is for Raine, etc. 19:05, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Thanks Raine and Armond for the advice. --184.108.40.206 23:44, 13 March 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
Just a short inquiry, I know why area net did it but I'm wondering why they nerfed the Shadow form skill so much. I mean now its barely fufilling its title as a shadow arts skill? Thank you for all of the help and advice so far. --220.127.116.11 23:53, 13 March 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
Thanks! -- Master Levan
during the mission d'alessio seaboard, there was 2 areas that had red orbs floating around then disappearing then reappearing then disappearing over and over. what is this red orb? is there something there that is hidden? or its just some random orbs floating around? the area im talking about is east of the temple in the hills.--18.104.22.168 08:50, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I know they are decorative and serve no practical purpose in the game. --Lania Elderfire 14:29, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
Is a dervish build containing obsidian flesh still efficient for a tank or not because of the nerf on OF? ---- Master Levan 15:00, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I don't Pve much, but I'll try to answer your question as well as I possibly can with my knowledge on the matter.
- Without consumables, you wouldn't be able to either boost your earth magic attribute high enough, or (with essence), be able to reduce the recharge enough to maintain it. So, this instantly destroys much of it's usefulness for anything "high-end".
- That aside, with Mysticism, you'd obtain energy and health upon the spell's ending, which I suppose, in a way, is a plus. However, I don't think it's enough to warrant that the combination be considered amazing. Especially since you can't attack, meaning Zealous scythes are out of the question, and any potential for damage. With the high energy cost verses low bonus from Mysticism (five, at most), I don't see how you can afford enchantments like Mystic Regeneration, either.
- Quite frankly, I've made better dervish tanking builds with Glyph of Renewal and Sliver Armor, that at least aren't... Completely useless. I suppose if you used consumables, it would be somewhat worthwhile, but I just really don't see the benefit of doing this on a dervish, instead of the classical E/Me Obs Flesh Elementalist. (Which, is still viable.) Ryuu - talk 15:33, 15 March 2010 (UTC)