Ice Tooth Cave
Iron Horse Mine
The Frost Gate
Anvil Rock is an area that takes its name from a tall mountain in the shape of an anvil. Small groups of Minotaurs patrol the central bit of the area as well as the north, whilst groups of Stone Summit and Centaurs can be found in the south. Some Dryders can also be found.
- Leaving from the Frost Gate
- Head west from Yak's Bend through Iron Horse Mine if you have not completed Borlis Pass.
- Head north through Deldrimor Bowl if coming from Lion's Arch.
- Northeast, at the exit into Iron Horse Mine.
- Southeast, at the exit into the Frost Gate.
- Southwest, at the exit into Deldrimor Bowl.
- 10 (20) Maccus Ironjaw (collector for 5 Curved Minotaur Horns)
- 10 (20) Sander the Gray (collector for 5 Frostfire Fangs)
- 10 (20) Dwarven Soldier
- 10 (20) Dwarven Scout
- 10 (20) Dwarven Mender
- 5 (5) Snow Wolf
- 10 (24) Frostfire Dryder
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Crusher
- 9 (24) Summit Axe Wielder
- 13 (24) Summit Beastmaster
- 9 (23) Stone Summit Scout
- 11 (24) Dolyak Rider
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Howler
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Sage
- 10 (24) Minotaur
- 12 (27) Riine Windrot
- 13 (27) Minotaur
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- There is a small Dwarven village in the southern area of the map. On a random chance per map instance, about 5 waves of Frostfire Dryders will attack (totaling to about 30 Dryders). The allied Dwarven Soldiers there will fight with you. Depending on where you entered the map, those Dwarven allies may already have been killed by the time you reach their location. The Dryders can also get stuck on the way to the village from Deldrimor Bowl so if you are looking for a missed wave check along that path.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.9% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- There is an area in the mountain range just northeast of Ice Tooth Cave where you can explore a fair distance farther north than on the field. The ridge is large enough that several Snow Wolves may spawn along it.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 233 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 213 to 252 foes.
- The Centaur boss Jolo Lighthaunch's healing may prove difficult to overcome if you party lacks firepower or interrupts, especially if two Shiverpeak Protectors spawned in its group. Consider defeating this boss right at the start. The group is large, and strays far from its origin point. Pulling them so they are bodyblocked by the nearest cliff corner, and having your team can hold them for AoE damage is suggested.
- In the Southeast of the area, there is a small road leading to the Frost Gate outpost. There are Dwarven and Minotaur groups that patrol that path, and they may be easily missed during vanquishing.
- Some minotaur groups patrol in very large circles at a fast pace, both clockwise and counter-clockwise around the center. If you're looking for the last mob and can't find it, try circling the center of the map one way, then the other.
- Centaurs and minotaurs are hostile to each other.
- This area is the site of The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods.
|Explorable areas in the Northern Shiverpeaks|
|Anvil Rock • Deldrimor Bowl • Griffon's Mouth • Iron Horse Mine • Traveler's Vale|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|