The Griffon's Mouth refers to a small cave system with dead end paths that connects the Northern Shiverpeaks to the borders of Kryta. The way is not without its dangers as Snow Ettins call this place home.
These quests affect the spawns in this area:
- 10 (24) Ice Golem
- 11 (24) Snow Ettin
- 14 (28) Whiskar Featherstorm
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 0.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Often people running through this area experience rubber-banding as they are trying to pass by groups of ettins, which can prove troubling for those without shadow steps.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 45 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 43 to 53 foes.
- Heroes and henchmen often remain stuck at some several places in the ice cave, there is currently no known reason for this.
- Nicholas the Traveler believes that the area might be haunted.
|Explorable areas in the Northern Shiverpeaks|
|Anvil Rock • Deldrimor Bowl • Griffon's Mouth • Iron Horse Mine • Traveler's Vale|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|