A Charr Salvage Kit is a type of kit that provides the only method for pre-Searing characters to obtain upgrade components. They look and work the same as Expert Salvage Kits; however, they have only five uses and they can only be obtained as drops from one of the four Charr bosses.
- This kit is the only means of salvaging equipment modifiers while in Ascalon (pre-Searing), including weapon upgrades, Runes, or Insignias.
- As with any kit, its value will decrease proportionally as it is used.
- Although it is gold, identifying it will not contribute to the Wisdom title track (however it will increase the value of the kit if sold to a merchant).
- These kits can be used to salvage rare crafting materials, but there is no point in doing so: rare materials cannot be used in pre-Searing Ascalon.
- The base chance, before the Wisdom and Treasure Hunter bonuses, of breaking an item upon salvaging an upgrade is 50%.