Duncan the Black
|Duncan the Black|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Duncan the Black is the final boss in the only elite dungeon, Slavers' Exile. He is an extremely powerful Ritualist, with a large amount of health. After he is defeated, a Hierophant's Chest appears. Duncan has hired guardians to protect him while he harvests the powers of the Great Destroyer for his own evil designs.
Quests involved in:
- Spirit Boon Strike
- Spirit Burn
- Spirit Rift
- Painful Bond
- Duncan's Defense (monster skill)
- While fighting Duncan, a series of sixteen spirits spawn on either side of him, consisting of Pain, Shadowsong, Recuperation, and Disenchantment. The spirits each respawn quickly after they die, so Swapping them away is extremely helpful. If killed, the spirits will respawn at the location where they were killed, not at their original location before using Swap.
- It's not wise to passively tank him. Skills like Backfire, Visions of Regret, and Pain Inverter will still reflect the damage back to you, and it's very hard to absorb all the damage (e.g. his Spirit Rift can do 450+ AoE damage). Instead, a better strategy is to interrupt him and/or disable him with Daze, Knockdown, and skills like Arcane Conundrum.
- Casters can stand in and cast from the corner by the stairs to be safer.
- Spoil Victor is a wise choice, because of his large amount of health.
- Signet of Sorrow spamming can be effective if you have a party member die right next to Duncan.
- Life stealing skills can be useful, as they do not trigger Duncan's Defense.
- For other tips and strategies for beating Duncan the Black, see Talk:Duncan the Black.