Island of Shehkah
|Island of Shehkah|
The Island of Shehkah is the starting location for newly created characters in the Nightfall campaign, spawning here after completing the character creation process. This is considered the tutorial area for Nightfall characters, and as such, characters are usually not able to return to this location after they leave. However there's still a way to map the area. See the notes section below.
Speak to Kormir.
- Follow Kormir's instructions. (Added with Rally the Recruits (Tutorial))
- Reach the Sunspear watch post.
- Speak to First Spear Jahdugar. (Added with Into Chahbek Village)
- Reach Chahbek village. (Added at the watchpost)
- Avatar of Dwayna
- Rally the Recruits (Tutorial) (tutorial for new players)
- Into Chahbek Village (follow-up to the tutorial quest above)
- Take the Shortcut (Skip Tutorial) (allows veteran players to skip the tutorial portion)
- When leveling up
- Kormir: Congratulations, [Character Name]! You have just gained a level! When you achieve a new level, your Health increases and you gain attribute points. [Character Name], let's show the recruits how to spend attribute points.
- Kormir: The Skills and Attributes panel lets you spend your attribute points. You can open this panel at any time by using the Menu or by pressing the "K" key.
- Kormir: You will learn later how to add skills to your Skill Bar from this panel. For now we'll concentrate on assigning attribute points.
- Kormir: Every time you gain a level, you gain attribute points. These are used to improve various attributes of your chosen profession.
- Kormir: Your attribute enhance your abilities in numerous ways. Hover your mouse pointer over an attribute to learn what it can do for you.
- Kormir: You currently have a rank of zero in all attributes. Click on the up arrow to the right[sic] of any attribute to increase the rank of that attribute by one. The number inside the arrow indicates how many attribute points you must spend to increase the rank of the attribute. Try assigning your attribute points now.
- Kormir: You can raise and lower your attributes freely while in a town or an outpost. Thus, you can experiment with different values until you find the combination that works best for you.
- Kormir: Some skill descriptions contain green numbers. Raising the attribute related to that skill will increase the green number in the description.
- Kormir: You will also gain a skill point whenever you gain a level. You can use skill points to learn additional skills from a skill trainer. You may also obtain skill points by completing important missions and quests.
- Kormir: Enough talk for now. [Character Name], go speak with First Spear Jahdugar, and then we will enter the village.
- Elonian characters will be able to explore all of the area during the "Rally the Recruits" tutorial; the "Take the shortcut" quest does not allow access to the Eastern area of the island beyond the resurrection shrine (restricting exploration to only 0.5%). It should be noted that the Elonian Cartographer title can still be maxed without fully exploring this area. The only known other way to explore this area is by using a Minion trick in Churrhir Fields.
- Fully exploring this area amounts to 0.8% of Elona.
- Resigning in this area without having accepted Take the Shortcut (Skip Tutorial) or Into Chahbek Village causes you to reload the area, since you do not have any outposts or towns available to be returned to.