Prince Bokka the Magnificent
|Prince Bokka the Magnificent|
|Campaigns|| Nightfall |
Eye of the North
The prince of the Pleasure City of Makuun has priorities, and his success depends on keeping them straight. As a wealthy businessman with abundant resources, Prince Bokka wants to experience the finer things in life. He just happens to define "the finest" as "the most expensive." Exotic cuisine has expanded his waistline, even though buying it never seems to fully deplete his treasury. He has spared no expense cultivating his tastes in art, particularly when he sponsors some of the finest, most expensive theatrical productions in Elona.
Some jealous rivals consider his tastes to be garish, describing his artistic sensibilities as pretentious and overblown, but he knows art almost as well as he knows money — and he knows a lot about money. He is pragmatic in acquiring wealth, doing whatever he must to accumulate more of it for great displays of culture and taste. Sometimes his pragmatism manifests in a need to take the path of least resistance — he hires other people to handle difficult tasks, dirty work, and heavy lifting — but that's easy to justify. After all, true art does not exist without suffering and sacrifice.
- Eye of the North
Quests involved in:
- Realm of Torment
- In the Tihark Orchard mission
- "My finance minister informed me of your generous, this expensive gift for my collection. I will return your kindness by granting you audience to speak with me now, though our conversation must remain brief. I have a rather sizable stable of donors needing my attention."
- "I am ready."
- In Resplendent Makuun
- "Makuun is the highlight of Vabbi, is it not? Those wealthy enough to pay for the privilege may spend their whole lives here enjoying theater, [sic] food, and all the pleasures of life without a care in the world."
- In Bokka Amphitheatre (during All's Well That Ends Well)
- "There's nothing like a little theatre performance to whet the appetite."
- In Bokka Amphitheatre (during Deactivating N.O.X.)
- "Don't just stand there! Save me! Save me!"
- During Trial of Zinn, before the trial
- "I am of two minds, I tell you. Shall I indulge my outrage, still smoldering from the unjust and unprovoked assault on my noble personage? Or shall I glory in the spectacle of this trial? I know. I shall do both!"
- After the trial
- "These little creatures have a flair for the dramatic, do they not? I think I must find one among them to design sets for the theater [sic] in Makuun...and perhaps to write some soliloquies. If only that Zinn were not so dangerous, I might offer him an invitation."
- The voice actor for this character is Robin Atkin Downes.