The Four Horsemen
|The Four Horsemen|
|Section||The Underworld Quests|
|Given by||Reaper of the Chaos Planes |
in Chaos Planes
|Preceded by||Clear the Chamber|
(Click to enlarge)
Stop the four riders of Dhuum before they reclaim what once was theirs.
- Destroy Madruk Dhuum.
- Destroy Thul Za Dhuum.
- Destroy Ghozer Dhuum.
- Destroy Kazhad Dhuum.
- Return to Reaper of the Chaos Planes for your reward.
- 10,000 Experience
After taking this quest the four horsemen start approaching the Reaper from the middle section of Chaos Planes. The horsemen, accompanied by several Terrorweb Dryders, split up in two groups coming from separate sides. The groups will try to get to the Reaper and eliminate him, causing the party to be taken back to the outpost from which they left to the Underworld.
This quest is arguably the most difficult quest in the underworld, requiring a good strategy to survive.
Strategy 1: Defend the Reaper
Your healers' priority should be to keep the Reaper alive. Everyone else must focus on dispatching or disabling the incoming foes. With a sufficient strong party, you will outlast the waves, completing the quest.
Strategy 2: Use the Choke Points
Use one or two party members to delay one side while everyone else kills the other.
This strategy needs a dedicated tank to draw aggro and block the foes on one side. A tank with permanent spell targeting prevention should be able to do it alone, otherwise help from a healer may be needed. The tank will last longer with knockdown prevention, Mantra of Flame and anything that boosts armor. The healer must be very careful not to draw aggro, keeping out of range, only approaching the tank when needed.
When the tank is ready, the other party members can accept the quest and intercept all spawns from the other side. Running as far as possible towards the spawns results in earlier kills, reducing the time your tank needs to hold out. On the other hand, staying closer to the reaper allows you to take measures should the tank fall.
Strategy 3: Combination
Team splits, one person sits on Reaper and waits for rest of team to get in position on right or left side at spawn point, decide which. This person (First Person) will then activate quest once team in position. First person then puts spirits up/ traps on opposite side's choke point, slowing that side. Ensure to scatter spirits, fire storm width between each one to max all spirits giving more time. That person(s) then sits on and waits next to the Reaper. Note choke point is point at which group changes direction while heading towards Reaper, not spawn point. It is near to Reaper, where they all gather, the area round the Reaper is in a circular shape, where the lugs form the circle to left and right =s choke.
Other persons/rest of team (flag all hero's here) sit on one of the Spawn points (either in middle of Kazhad/Ghozer or OR middle of Madruk/Thul Za) and kills groups/as much as possible as soon as quest starts, 2 groups if time, killing one side.
As soon as First person on Reaper sees group approaching/attacking first of his spirits on opposite choke point side, use what else can u do for us warp/talk to spirit. Practice this before quest start to get use too, quickly warping whole team back to spirit, saving time on getting whole team back to defend. Double Sos may help so getting more dmg for 1st group, and also spirits for opposite First person.
Now take out the other sides bosses ( original Reaper persons side) you may get some come on other side u took, so be ready for both sides still. Person that was on Reaper originally may help out by going out to side that is weakened and setting spirits around choke point, slowing down any stragglers, giving whole team more time to deal with 2nd side.
Traps are not entirely necessary, totally up to to team preferences, spirits do delay as do minions with aotl. Anything to delay, Tank is also not necessary, as I say up to team pref
Main strategy here really is to weaken or destroy one side quickly while First person delays and warps everyone back to then take other side more safely and quickly. Watch out for stragglers from either side after main groups dealt with.
- 28 (30) Skeleton of Dhuum
- Reaper of the Chaos Planes
- "Before the time of Grenth, when death was ruled by a cruel and unjust god, there stood a tower and a throne on this very plain. But Grenth rose up and destroyed the one called Dhuum and shattered down his tower, leaving only these storms of chaos as a reminder of the power once held dominion here. My vigil over these lands was broken for a time, and I can feel a resurgence of the old taint. Four horsemen approach, riders of Dhuum. Destroy them before they can reclaim this place and throw the underworld into chaos!"
- Accept: "I will defeat them!"
- Decline: "I want no part in this."
- Ask: "The riders of Dhuum stand upon the plains of chaos once more. Long have I restrained the cruel energies of this place, but now that they have taken shape once more, I do not believe I can defeat them on my own. We will need to work together. Destroy as many as you can before they have an opportunity to join forces."
- Reaper of the Chaos Planes
- "With the Dhuum riders destroyed, I will see to it that the old taint does not gain dominion over this area again. The underworld will rest safely in the hands of Grenth"
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are bringers of the apocalypse according to the Christian Bible.