40/40 refers to a weapon set composed of a wand and a focus, each with 20% HCT and 20% HSR upgrades devoted to a single attribute. Despite the term, a 40/40 set does not have a 40% chance of halving casting and/or spell recharge times.
|A 40/40 Fire magic set|
A 40/40 set is composed of a 20/20 wand and focus for the same attribute. Each can be created from fully modifiable weapons (whether found as loot or crafted), from appropriate unique weapons, or from collector weapons.
- Upgrades required
|Wand||"Aptitude not Attitude"||Wand Wrapping of Memory|
|Focus||"Forget me Not"||Focus Core of Aptitude|
- Ready to use
- Droknar's Scepters and focuses, are reward items for completing Eye of the North.
- Gertrud in Vasburg Armory and Telamon in Leviathan Pits can craft perfect 40/40 sets.
- Other possibilities
The replica notes in the Droknar Scepter and Focus articles detail other sources.
Each of the wand's and each of the focus' effects have an independent chance of triggering. If both HCT mods or both HSR mods trigger at the same time, casting and recharge times are only halved; the same effect does not stack. This leaves us with 4 possible results, summarized below (for detailed calculations, see the talk page).
|Result||Casting time||Spell recharge time||Percentage chance|
|HCT & HSR||½||½||12.96%|
- These events are independent and add up to 100%. See the talk page for further calculations.
Alternatively, we can consider the simplistic case of 4 overlapping results:
- 40.96% that none of the benefits trigger.
- 36% chance that recharge time is halved (triggered by wand, focus, or both).
- 36% chance that casting time is halved (triggered by wand, focus, or both).
- These events are dependent and add up to more than 100%. See the talk page for further calculations.