- This is a mission entry. For information on the outpost, see Ascalon Arena (outpost).
The Ascalon Arena is one of the maps in rotation in Random Arenas and is also accessible through Ascalon City as an arena for levels 1 to 10.
Players start on opposing sides of the map. The central area of the arena has a pond filled with Tar with a slope leading to a small plateau on one side and a plain area on the other. It is essentially a large circle that you can walk around to both sides.
Annihilate the opposing party.
 Common tactics/tips
- Both teams start close enough to each other to select players from the opposing team before the battle starts. Use this to gain early information on the composition of the enemy team.
- The tar will slow you down if you stay a short while in it (both when running and standing still). While this is more or less useless for kiting via running (as it also snares you), this can be very effective for characters who kite via defensive shadow stepping.
- The hill can be used to gain a height advantage when using a bow or a ranged weapon. The tree there can also serve as on obstruction. Though less pronounced, the outer edge of the opposite side of the map also grants a bit of a height advantage.
- The wall map near the start points of each team is relatively jagged (more so than it appears). As such, it is often possible to solo body block a foe in a non-apparent corner.
- Elite skills are not allowed in the low-level version of this arena.
- Although it says the levels are 1-10, players can get up to level 11+ if they level up inside the arena.
- This is the first arena that Prophecies PvE Characters experience, its predestroyed form is the Ascalon Academy arena.
- When competing in the low-level version of this arena, you do not get gladiator points.