Hole of Istan
|Hole of Istan|
|Given by||Bendah |
in Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Followed by||The Beginning of the End|
(Click to enlarge)
- Guild Wars Eye of the North on the account
- Neither What Lies Beneath nor I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet completed
- Level 10 or higher
- Investigate the fissure on [sic] the Plains of Jarin near Kamadan.
- Enter the fissure in [sic] the Plains of Jarin.
- Investigate the Depths beneath Istan.
- 2,500 Experience
Once this quest, I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet or What Lies Beneath has been completed, the fissure, chasm and crevasse become permanent interactive objects of their respective explorable areas.
Go out into the Plains of Jarin and head south. Once you reach the fissure, click on it to be taken to the Caverns Below Kamadan. Inside you will face a circle of Corsairs. They are all level 7, and so shouldn't pose much of a threat. If you follow the path, you will eventually run into a level 11 Corsair Lookout. He will be accompanied by a level 8, a level 7, and a level 3 Corsair. When you continue along the path, you will come to a large room, where 5 Corsairs of various levels (none over level 10) will run toward you. Turn north and run to the end of the hallway. Then turn east, where you will soon see two dwarves. Pass them and continue, and you will soon hit a cinematic. The Beginning of the End is the follow-up primary quest that is automatically added to your quest log.
- Did you feel the earthquake? A giant hole has appeared in the cliffs behind Kamadan! I must inspect this crevasse. Who knows? Corsairs may be using underground tunnels for illegal trafficking. It would be foolhardy for me to go down alone...but you seem the sort who's willing to take on the challenge, am I right? Wait, you've heard that line before?
- Corsair Cutthroths: Death to the Sunspears!
- Corsair Lookout: Sunspear scum!
- Ogden Stonehealer: "All right, you lot! Pick up the pace!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Take all the kegs you can. We're going to need them!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "And find Vekk! We need him to open the gate out of here."
- <Party Leader>: "What's going on?"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Where did you come from?"
- <Party Leader>: "Are those explosives? There's a city above us."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "I know, there's...Hang on. Vekk! There you are."
- Vekk: "We've got trouble, Ogden."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "You get the gate working. We'll handle the trouble."
- Vekk: "It's not that easy. The Destroyers have completely overrun the Central Transfer Chamber."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Blast! If the chamber is captured, there is no way back."
- <Party Leader>: "Wait. The quakes have opened up other passages. There should be another way out."
- Vekk: "The bookah's right. There is another gate, not far from here. But the Destroyers are right behind me."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "You'd best be coming with us. If we're split up, the Destroyers will eat us alive."
- <Party Leader>: "What are these "Destroyers"? For that matter, what are you?"
- Vekk: "Me? Right now, I'm your best hope of getting out of here alive, bookah."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "We can chat later. We're going to need your help if we're going to reach that gate."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Everyone, ready to move out! There are Destroyers coming!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Never mind. They're here!"
- This quest concludes automatically at the end of the cinematic; the follow-up quest, The Beginning of the End, is automatically accepted.
- If you are below level 20 you will be buffed by Journey to the North within the Eye of the North expansion.
- If you have any of the other Eye of the North access quests in your Quest Log, finishing one will remove them from your Quest Log.