What Lies Beneath
|What Lies Beneath|
|Given by||Len Caldoron |
in Lion's Arch
|Followed by||The Beginning of the End|
(Click to enlarge)
- Guild Wars Eye of the North on the account
- Neither I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet nor Hole of Istan completed
- Level 10 or higher
- Investigate the earthquake aftermath in North Kryta Province.
- Enter the crevasse.
- Investigate the Depths beneath North Kryta Province.
- 2,500 Experience
Once this quest, Hole of Istan or I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet has been completed, the crevasse, fissure and chasm become permanent interactive objects of their respective explorable areas.
The crevasse that you must get to is just slightly north from Lion's Arch. It is to the east of Miraba and Leighton Cranford. Click on the crevasse and choose to enter. You will be brought to Beneath Lion's Arch. Follow the path through the small cavern and into the ancient hall, killing some undead along the way. Keep going on the singular path until you see dwarven allies. Climb up the stairs and a cinematic will begin. The Beginning of the End is the follow-up primary quest that is automatically added to your quest log.
- Len Caldoron
- Did you feel the earth shake, <Player name>? I was working my fields when the ground began to quake furiously, sort of like my wife does when I leave my dirty socks on the dining room table.... Suddenly, the dirt around me swelled up and collapsed, leaving a giant crevasse in its place. I thought I heard voices, so I looked inside for survivors. I couldn't make out any faces but swear I saw shapes moving in the dust-filled darkness. I ran as fast as I could. Please, you must go back and investigate this catastrophe!
- "Before you is a massive crack leading into the subterranean depths."
Note: Upon accepting the choice to enter the crevasse, players are transported to Beneath Lion's Arch.
- Ogden Stonehealer: "All right, you lot! Pick up the pace!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Take all the kegs you can. We're going to need them!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "And find Vekk! We need him to open the gate out of here."
- <Party Leader>: "What's going on?"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Where did you come from?"
- <Party Leader>: "Are those explosives? There's a city above us."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "I know, there's...Hang on. Vekk! There you are."
- Vekk: "We've got trouble, Ogden."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "You get the gate working. We'll handle the trouble."
- Vekk: "It's not that easy. The Destroyers have completely overrun the Central Transfer Chamber."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Blast! If the chamber is captured, there is no way back."
- <Party Leader>: "Wait. The quakes have opened up other passages. There should be another way out."
- Vekk: "The bookah's right. There is another gate, not far from here. But the Destroyers are right behind me."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "You'd best be coming with us. If we're split up, the Destroyers will eat us alive."
- <Party Leader>: "What are these "Destroyers"? For that matter, what are you?"
- Vekk: "Me? Right now, I'm your best hope of getting out of here alive, bookah."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "We can chat later. We're going to need your help if we're going to reach that gate."
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Everyone, ready to move out! There are Destroyers coming!"
- Ogden Stonehealer: "Never mind. They're here!"
- This quest concludes automatically at the end of the cinematic; the follow-up quest, the Beginning of the End, is automatically accepted.
- If you are below level 20 you will be buffed by Journey to the North within the Eye of the North expansion.
- If you have any of the other Eye of the North access quests in your Quest Log, finishing one will remove them from your Quest Log.
- Anomaly: Doesn't work when the quest "Evil Residents" is active
- There is a movie named What Lies Beneath.