Villagers are Krytan commoners. They are very important NPCs in Divinity Coast. Many of them do nothing except enter pointless dialogue, but some of them are Chosen, and are crucial to the success of the mission. The ones who are not Chosen provide a distraction and make the mission more difficult because the player has to use the Eye of Janthir to determine which Villagers are Chosen and which are not.
In D'Alessio Seaboard mission, before being saved:
- "Please help!"
- "I don't want to die."
- "Help me. Oh Dwayna, please help me!"
- "This is not how I wanted to leave this world."
In D'Alessio Seaboard mission, after being saved:
- "You saved my home and my life."
- "I'm forever in your debt."
- "I can't thank you enough."
- "You're my hero."
- "Will you come live in Hakewood? You'd be welcome here."
Chosen villagers in Divinity Coast mission:
- "And my brother said I wouldn't amount to anything. Ha! Who's laughing now?"
- "I can't wait. This is the most important day of my life."
- "I knew it. I always knew I was gifted."
- "I wonder if I'll get my own room in the Grand Temple."
- "I've always dreamed of studying with the Grand Masters."
- "One day, I'm going to be the most magnificent Mesmer in the land. You'll see."
Non-chosen villagers in Divinity Coast mission:
- "Always the Mantle come. And always they take someone away."
- "Every season it's another one. I'm never any good at guessing who it will be."
- "Every season the Mantle come and take a few more. But none of them ever come back."
- "I wish it were me going."
- "The Mantle steal our crops and our youth. What's next?"
- "There goes one more able body to help with the farming."
- "This is such a happy day for the Chosen."
- "We're so proud."
- "Why don't any of the Chosen ever return?"
In Divinity Coast (explorable area):
- "These asura are strange and rude. I couldn't care less that they won't let anyone near their lab. Better for everyone that way."
- "Strange noises come from that "lab." Makes me nervous, but I trust the Princess and if she says that they hold the key to defeating the Unseen, then I'll defend it with my life."
- "I don't know what Livia is up to with those asura, but if the Princess wishes us to keep them safe from the White Mantle, then that's what we'll do."
- "Strange coincidence that I would build this house mere weeks before Livia arrived. It has been a most useful obstruction to protect the lab from prying eyes."
In D'Alessio Seaboard (explorable area) after completion of the War in Kryta:
- "Sometimes I fear that the Unseen Ones are still out there. Watching....and waiting."
- "The cloak of ignorance has been lifted, and once again we can see the light that is the Six True Gods."
- "It's hard for me to forgive those who supported the White Mantle."
- "Hello, friend, and long live the queen!"