Armor infusion is the only reliable protection against Spectral Agony, the monster skill used by the Mursaat and their Jade constructs. To infuse your armor, your party must kill an Eidolon or an Ice Beast, then bring its Spectral Essence to one of the ancient Seers, who will infuse the armor pieces equipped by the player character at the time. Each piece of armor can only be infused once, and the Seer will only infuse your armor once per essence.
 Locations of Seers and Eidolon
- Iron Mines of Moladune mission
- Ring of Fire mission
- Abaddon's Mouth mission
- Mineral Springs (Ice Beast in the northeast corner)
A character with non-infused armor who is suffering from Spectral Agony suffers heavy damage, health degeneration, and movement and action speed reduction. This scales down per piece of infused armor worn as shown below:1
infused armor pieces
Total damage3 0 30 100 600 1 13 42 310 2 9 29 235 3 7 22 180 4 5 16 130 5 3 9 75
- Infusion also appears to reduce the slowing caused by the skill, similarly to the amount of damage and degeneration reduction.
- The game caps health degeneration at -10; any degeneration beyond -10 hinders health regeneration, but does not result in additional loss of health.
- Total damage caused by the direct effects of Spectral Agony.
- Henchmen are infused except in the following situations that might involve Mursaat or Jade constructs:
- Heroes are always infused. This is especially helpful when dealing with the Mursaat and Jade constructs before you have had the opportunity to get infused yourself.
- Pets are always infused.
- Summoning stone allies are not infused.
- Armor which has been infused will be marked as Infused in the same way that weapons show customization; this property does not take up a rune or insignia slot.
- The infusion process uses the generic attack skill animation.
- You need to be within earshot of the Seer to have your armor infused, if someone else is delivering the essence.