- This article is about the monster skill. For the temporary skill available during the Rise of the White Mantle, see Spectral Agony (Saul D'Alessio).
- Concise description
Skill. (5 seconds.) Target foe has -1...30 Health degeneration; moves, attacks, and uses skills 80% slower; and loses 3...81 Health each second.
This potent skill is the Mursaat's greatest weapon. It can easily kill unprotected targets. Mursaat use this skill as often as its recharge allows. It causes the same amount of damage regardless of the level of the caster.
- Jade constructs do not activate Spectral Agony directly. Instead, the effect is automatically applied if they deal damage to a character.
- Any health loss caused by the skill counts as damage and triggers relevant enchantments, weapon spells, and other effects.
- Skills such as Spirit Bond, Seed of Life, and Protective Spirit are especially useful if you have party members that are not infused.
- The Health Loss effect appears to remain even when a party member has been resurrected.
The primary defense against Spectral Agony is infusion, which can be applied to any piece of armor by the Ancient Seer in various Prophecies missions and one explorable area. Each piece of infused armor reduces the impact of Spectral Agony.