|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by||Necromancer Morgan |
in Yak's Bend
(Click to enlarge)
End the villainy of Verata, who is kidnapping Ascalon citizens to use in his experiments.
- Find Verata in Traveler's Vale and put an end to his experiments.
- Return to Necromancer Morgan for your reward.
Verata is found surrounded by corpses of Ascalonian Rangers near the portal to Ascalon Foothills. You can fight or run past the Verata's Fiends and Verata's Horrors to get to him. When you see him, he will use Animate Bone Fiend on a corpse of an Ascalonian Ranger. When you go near him, his dialogue occurs and he will go through the Ascalon Foothills portal. Return to Yak's Bend to get your reward.
- Necromancer Morgan
- "As you've no doubt heard, there have been a number of recent disappearances among the townsfolk. Thus far, we've assumed they fell victim to the Stone Summit or other local menaces. The truth, Grenth forgive us, is something much much [sic] worse. One of our Order, a promising Necromancer named Verata, has been experimenting with new ways to enhance and maintain summoned minions. Normally this would be a good thing, however, in his lust for power Verata has been kidnapping Ascalon citizens for use in his experiments! He was also spotted waylaying travelers coming up into the mountains from Ascalon. We must stop him, quickly and discreetly, before anyone can link the disappearances with our Order.
Can you be of help in this situation?"
Verata the Necromancer: "Great progress... Now, my minions, you will live beyond your normal span."
Verata the Necromancer: "Who interrupts my experiments? You are a dog sent by the Order to hound me, no doubt? You will regret crossing me whelp! You have not heard the last of me!"
- Necromancer Morgan
- "Now that Verata knows that our Order is after him, he will be careful not to show his face. This was not the desired goal, but it is a result we can work with. You have done well under difficult circumstances, <character name>. Just as it is quick to punish those who violate our rules, our Order always rewards the faithful."
- This quest can be completed by running to Verata, since it does not require you to kill any foes.
- This quest can be completed at the same time as Shiverpeak Stragglers or Oswalt's Epitaph.
- For Shiverpeak Stragglers, you simply go a bit to the east, and can easily lead them back along the path you cleared.
- For Oswalt's Epitaph, travel to the Ascalon Foothills where his headstone is located.
- If you are a combination of Necromancer and Warrior, do this quest at the same time as Securing the Vale. Both will lead you to the area with Verata.
- Once Verata has entered Ascalon Foothills, the Bone Fiends he created will remain in Traveler's Vale and become hostile.