Rin is the capital of the Kingdom of Ascalon. It is located south of the Nolani Academy and along the south side of the Great Northern Wall. Rin became the capital of Ascalon when Drascir fell into the hands of the Charr.
Since the Searing, Rin, like the rest of Ascalon, lies in ruins and is one of the last two cities in Ascalon, the other being the largest city, Ascalon City. King Adelbern still holds his throne in Rin and organizes the war against the Charr from there.
During the Charr invasion, Rin fell to the Charr forces that were lead by Bonfaaz Burntfur and is seen at the brink of falling into their hands during the Nolani Academy mission. With the use of Stormcaller and the storm that it summoned, Rin was saved by Prince Rurik and the Charr's fires were extinguished and their forces weakened.
During their attack, the Charr stole various relics from Rin, which can be recovered in the Cathedral of Flames in the Charr Homelands.
- The Ascalon Athenaeum was located here.
- Rin is also one of the three destinations to which the Lich Lord sends his army of Titans during the last two missions of the game. However, the actual invasion of Ascalon seems to start from Charr territory in the Eastern Frontier and Dragon's Gullet, during quests The Last Day Dawns and The Titan Source.
- Rin is the birthplace of Devona.
- There is a sword whose name makes reference to this city, the Rinblade.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Ruins of Rin.|
- In Guild Wars 2, the Charr capital, the Black Citadel, is built directly atop the ruins of Rin.