From Guild Wars Wiki
|Affiliation||Far Shiverpeaks wildlife|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Path to Jaga Moraine vaettirs, from Longeye's Ledge.
Concept art by Katy Hargrove.
- They deal earth damage from melee range. In Hard mode, they deal 32-35 damage against targets with 60 armor.
- They are not fleshy.
- In Hard mode, there are exactly 60 Vaettir in the southeast corner of Jaga Moraine near the portal to Bjora Marches. Fewer will spawn in normal mode and before completion of Flames of the Bear Spirit.
- Similar to Raptor Nestlings, the large number of homogenous foes makes Vaettirs exploitable for farming:
- The intended gains include seasonal items, gold weapons, Glacial Stones, Mesmer skill tomes, and/or experience (for Survivor).
- Effective solo-farming builds use spell targeting prevention to force the Vaettirs into melee range or high health regeneration to counter the hexes, combined with blocking and/or damage reduction against earth damage to survive their attacks.
- This makes them vulnerable to non-scattering area of effect damage. Scattering skills can be used if the Vaettirs are body blocked against a corner before damaging them.
- See also: Guide to vaettir farming