Talk:Mano a Norn-o
Buggy, I lost the fight, but I got the quest completed in my log and could receive reward. Narayanese 06:04, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
- I got that too, this should be added here as a bug. KlinH4xx0r 07:24, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- 1 Possible Trivia
- 2 Possible Strategies
- 3 Possible Builds
- 4 Hint
- 5 Easy win
- 6 Mesmer
- 7 Easy monk strategy
- 8 Added
- 9 You have to defeat him?
- 10 is
- 11 Huh?
- 12 New Ritualist Build with only Ritualist Skills
- 13 Ranger Build I used
- 14 there's no warrior build on main page for beating this quest
- 15 Changed the assa build
- 16 Quick Ranger Build
- 17 Dervish Build Needs an Update
Named after Man-o-War?
Mano a Norn-o is a reference to the spanish saying mano a mano meaning one on one
- Or more literally hand-to-hand... Frozzen 23:43, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Health degeneration and Spike is recommended
- Obviously you won't need a Resurrection skill or signet since its one on one combat
Really easy if you are a Ranger. First Pin Down, then Apply Poison, next take him down with your almighty Bow Attack.Keep recycling the build untill he is dead. Also as a side note use Distracting Shot at beginning of battle to prevent him from using Bear Form therefore making the battle easier and also when he is using Healing Signet to make him useless. Then just keep your distance and have fun gunning down a Poison and Crippled foe. No Elite skill needed, easy huh?
A core combo build for Necromancer is using Curses and Blood Magic. Use Enfeebling Blood and Faintheartedness for Health degeneration, Weakness, and reduce attack damage speed. Then if you need Health, your going to steal it using Angorodon's Gaze or Vampiric Gaze. Always make sure you keep a distance since you aren't a warrior. This is a basic build, feel free to trade in some skills and have fun expermenting untill you make a build fit for you.
-Crenshawx 00:59, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
- How about 55hp type build with Spoil Victor & Reckless Haste? Since you only need to pull the foe down to 20% health or so, it should be quite easy to manage with this elite. BramStoker (talk, contribs) 12:50, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
- You really don't even need that much, I took him down with this: - HeWhoIsPale 13:05, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
This a expermantal build for Warrior that I used to take him down in less than a one minute excluding the wait time.First I used Signet of Strength for an extra punch. Afterwards I used Distracting Strike when he was using Bear Form then Flail and later used Disarm for when he was attacking . Next I used Barbarous Slice for damage and Bleeding then Gash to lower the foe's maximum Health by 20%. When I built up enough adrenaline I unleashed the "For Great Justice!" and Dragon Slash combo!! For all you tanks that are W/M I suggest you put in Mending and Vigorous Spirit for health.
Crenshawx 02:25, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
I set up my Warrior with Savage Slash to interrupt Knorr's Bear Form. Dolyak Signet and Deadly Riposte helped to defend and reflect damage. Shield Bash blocked some attacks, slowed down his recharge, and caused a knock down. "For Great Justice!" boosted adrenaline so Bonetti's Defense could activate. Wild Blow and Power Attack were used for attacking.
Knorr did not die, but conceded defeat after a short battle, also less than a minute.
22.214.171.124 13:22, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
Deadly one on one Assassin build. Before battle start with Way of Perfection (heal), Critical Eye (16% critical hit), Critical Defenses (75% block), Critical Agility (attack 33% faster, gain 10...25 armor) , and Way of the Assassin (37% critical hit) . Once you done that find your victim and unleash the unblockable combo of Golden Fox Strike + Wild Strike follow by Death Blossom.
Chances of critical hit: 16% (Critical Strikes) + 15%(Dagger Mastery) + 16%(Critical Eye) + 37%(Way of the Assassin) = 84% chance for critical hit
-Recived build from http://gw.gamependium.com/tools/builds/show/3556
Crenshawx 05:20, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
I used this build, and quite easily defeated him on my Assassin:
With 13 in Dagger Mastery, 6 in Shadow Arts and 11 in Critical Strikes, I even forgot to equip the right weapon and defeated him. When the match is going to start, use Critical Eye, and start the combo. But don't use Death Blossom for the first time, use Twisting Fangs, then Moebius-Death Blossom-Moebius-Blossom. If you need HP, use Death's Charge and Shadow Refuge, but you shoulden't have a prob; if you wan't you can equip Vampiric Weapon to help you. -Titani
Critical Scythe also beats him easily. Stand next to him, cast Way of the Master, Critical Agility and Critical Defenses just as counter reaches zero, beat him up and keep up Critical Eye. Took less than 20sec.
- Jafar 14:26, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
Fast, 100% success : Select mesmer as second profession. Max domination.
Use these skills : 1. Leech signet (use this one when you run to him and he uses his bear form skill) 2. *Signet of midnight (this is a mesmer elite skill, you can replace this with whatever skill your primary profession has that : either blinds or blocks.) 3. Ignorance (Makes sure he does not heal himself (can be replaced with another interrupt, use when he heals) 4. Empathy (This is what kills him) If ele use eruption, earthquake, and ursan blessing in that order for an easy win
- In case you don't have this skill don't panic, as you see there are 4 more slots I did not use. Just collect some skills that 'make him miss' covering 30 seconds might be just enough :)
Necro Use all Blood Magic. You have no interupts but you can out run the bear when he changes back slam him hard.
Monk: I was able to use the 55 monk build to defeat him. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:126.96.36.199 (talk). Moved the above from the article. -- AT(talk | contribs) 04:06, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Another easy mesmer kill - without the need for an elite - is the following:
1. Physical Resistance will prevent almost all damage and can be cast before the fight begins
2. Leech Signet to interrupt bear form
3. Empathy for damage when he attacks
4. Conjure Nightmare for health degeneration
5. Complicate to interrupt Knorr's Healing Signet
It was over very quickly.
This was really easy I don't know how to do the build symbol thing so: "You move like a dwarf!"
Can be replaced with any spirits you want - I don't have many as I'm primary dervish.
Maxed Channeling and Communing
With a few seconds to go cast the spirits, then the moment he turns hostile cast ymlad. Then just attack him with your normal weopon/any other attacks you want on the bar. Shaddowsong is very important as it blinds him. Easy as pie 188.8.131.52 14:35, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
You don't even need to interrupt. I just beat him with Bloodsong, Shadowsong, and Painful Bond. :D Put the spirits up near him soon (8-10 sec) before the countdown's over, stand out of aggro range until he starts attacking the spirits, then use Painful bond. Adding Pain/SoS/interrupts is good, but definitely not necessary. --184.108.40.206 17:23, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Mesmer build displayed does not work so removed.220.127.116.11 19:02, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Easy monk strategy
- 55 build
- 12 Domination Magic
- 5 Healing Prayers (8 with rune gives +3 regen with mending, which is absolutely enaugh to tank him)
- 11 Protection Prayers
- Rest into Divine Favor
Maintain Empathy on him, disrupt his signet and he will kill himself very quickly. Gunm 09:02, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
added build & strategy for dervish, makes it a breeze to kill him. BaconLord 23:14, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
You have to defeat him?
i dunno, i ran for about 2 min and thn did 4 attacks on him, and he was at 50% health wen i won. i dont think think you have to defeat hi at all, just wait until the timer goes out(even though i didnt see one, there is no other explanation for the win)
- Confirmed. As long as at least 2 minutes pass and you bring him at 50% health you will win.
- What he said. 18.104.22.168 06:13, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
I just tried this 1 using rit and I've seen I can't beat him without shutting down his Healing Signet so I went to get Ignorence and when I came back Quest was complete. Wth Oo? --Aartist21 12:01, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
New Ritualist Build with only Ritualist Skills
I have a MUCH better Ritualist Build, mainly since it does not require any specific Secondary Profession, it only uses two Attributes (that aren't even 12), only 3 of the skills are necessary, and a Primary Ritualist will have those 3 skills before they leave Shing Jea.
- Channeling - 11
- Communing - 11
- Sunspear Rank - 6 (For Vampirism)
Add points anywhere you may want them. (This is what I had for the Attributes I even used.)
Vampirism can be replaced with another Spirit if you can't/don't want to get Vampirism. The same with Bloodsong, but it's easier to get. Place them within 10 seconds before time runs out with Dissonance in the last 2 or 3 seconds. Once he becomes hostile, use Painful Bond and he's done.
Dissonance is necessary for the interrupt, and Shadowsong blinds him for more defense. Painful Bond gives additional damage when your spirits attack and with 4 spirits, it's quite deadly.
Anyway, I feel that Ritualist should have a build that doesn't rely on having a certain Secondary Profession, especially when the others have a one Profession build. --Leviticus Lo 12:44, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, this has been used for 2 years or so on every solo quest (NFT, cold as ice, etc). Dunno what's new about it. -Auron 13:02, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry. I just felt there should be a Ritualist only build that was relatively easy to get, and I've not exactly been playing Guild Wars enough to really know that. It just annoyed me that all the builds only used the profession's skills except Ritualist (along with Warrior and Ranger since there is no build for them). Also, when I said "New Ritualist Build", I meant it as a build to replace the old one and not as in a completely new, never thought of build that would annihilate the enemy leaving nothing but ashes. Perhaps I could change the word "New" to "Different" in order to clarify myself, though maybe not. --Leviticus Lo 04:12, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
Ranger Build I used
(I don't have my proph attribute quests yet so I'm working with 30 less points at lv 20) Expertise 6+1 Smiting 9 Beast mastery 12+2 Stand back and let your pet kill him Buffing your pet as needed
there's no warrior build on main page for beating this quest
I read some of the entries on the discussion page but they weren't written up well with easy to understand game speak (I had trouble understanding the "just do this, repeat x# of times, run into a hall, and let the timer run down/ hope for a draw or said something like let the timer run out) while the main page builds seem to require spec into character's primary attribute. I'm having a rough time with this/ but have some gold and could buy some tomes // - why was warrior build on main page not addressed? (I'm trying to be gently critical, but my frustration is seeping through. Please forgive if this is coming across defensive in my attitude as this is frustratingly difficult for me.) I know ranged attacks aren't warrior specialty but I'd like to get the skill and the extra goodies for winning. Thank you for your patience with my discussion addition. cecil 12:27, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- There's a build right here on the talk page (third topic, but it is kind of old so might be out of date). Please keep in mind that everyone is free to add to the page, so if you find one that works, be sure to share! -- FreedomBound 12:41, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Changed the assa build
Because the first one sucked, and most people wanna get it done fast. This one, however, kills him under a minute.--22.214.171.124 18:39, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Quick Ranger Build
I couldn't find any ranger builds on the main page, so I tried something out that defeated the norn quite fast. My skills were - Barbed Arrows, Poison Arrow, Triple Shot, "You Move Like A Dwarf!", Dual Shot, Needling Shot, Distracting Shot, Troll Unguent.
All you need to do is about 5 seconds before it starts, cast Barbed Arrows. When he finishes taunting you, interupt Bear Form with Distracting Shot so that it is disabled for an additional 20 seconds. Then, shoot him with Poison Arrow. Once he starts running, cast "You Move Like A Dwarf!" so he is crippled. Maintain Crippled as long as you can on him. And spam your barbed Poison Arrow on him, as poison arrow has a 1 second recharge and Barbed Arrows lasts twice as long as its recharge time, similar to most preperations. You will be able to keep him poisoned and bleeding 100% of the time. Spam other attack skills as needed. He only was able to hit me once, so you will not have trouble defeating him. Good Luck!--Smroz01 03:07, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Dervish Build Needs an Update
Having never played a Derv since the new skill sets, I believe an updated build is called for. Anyone like to take a stab at it? Filofax1us 00:27, 23 August 2011 (UTC)