List of Factions missions and primary quests
This is a list of all the missions and primary quests in Guild Wars Factions, taking you through the storyline, as well as the challenge Missions and Competitive Missions. Characters from non-Factions campaigns who travel to Cantha will join the storyline at Bejunkan Pier with the quest Welcome to Cantha.
The first quest offered to a new character is the tutorial Mantid Hatchlings. For players already familiar with the game, you can skip the tutorial completely. Depending on the profession of your character, the chain of quests to be completed will be:
- Seek Out Headmaster Zhan → Locate Talon Silverwing → Talon's Duel → Track Down Weng Gha → The Crop Thieves
- Seek Out Headmaster Greico → Locate Sujun → Free the Fur → Track Down Zho → The Yeti Hunt
- Seek Out Headmaster Amara → Locate Sister Tai → Stale Mate → Track Down Brother Pe Wan → Seeking a Cure
- Seek Out Headmaster Kuju → Locate Reng Ku → Little Creatures → Track Down Su → Reaping the Naga
- Seek Out Headmaster Kaa → Locate Mei Ling → Cleansing the Shrine → Track Down Lo Sha → Lo Sha's Gift
- Seek Out Headmaster Vhang → Locate Ronsu → Spark of Interest → Track Down Kai Ying → Sparring Elements
- Seek Out Headmaster Lee → Locate Jinzo → Opening Strike → Track Down Panaku → Dual Strike
- Seek Out Headmaster Quin → Locate Professor Gai → Minions Gone Wild → Track Down Ang the Ephemeral → Shackled Spirits
The different quest chains rejoin here for...
If you have not yet chosen a secondary profession, Master Togo will allow you to take the quest to choose one now. Depending on what secondary profession you wish to choose, the quest chain will be:
- Speak with Headmaster Zhan (Warrior) → Locate Talon Silverwing → Talon's Duel → Track Down Weng Gha → The Crop Thieves
- Speak with Headmaster Greico (Ranger) → Locate Sujun → Free the Fur → Track Down Zho → The Yeti Hunt
- Speak with Headmaster Amara (Monk) → Locate Sister Tai → Stale Mate → Track Down Brother Pe Wan → Seeking a Cure
- Speak with Headmaster Kuju (Necromancer) → Locate Reng Ku → Little Creatures → Track Down Su → Reaping the Naga
- Speak with Headmaster Kaa (Mesmer) → Locate Mei Ling → Cleansing the Shrine → Track Down Lo Sha → Lo Sha's Gift
- Speak with Headmaster Vhang (Elementalist) → Locate Ronsu → Spark of Interest → Track Down Kai Ying → Sparring Elements
- Speak with Headmaster Lee (Assassin) → Locate Jinzo → Opening Strike → Track Down Panaku → Dual Strike
- Speak with Headmaster Quin (Ritualist) → Locate Professor Gai → Minions Gone Wild → Track Down Ang the Ephemeral → Shackled Spirits
- Note: You can take all the secondary profession quests, this is highly recommended as you will gain much more experience. When you have already finished one of the eight secondary profession quests above, Master Togo will offer you an additional quest, which will effectively finalize your secondary profession choice.
- This is where non-Factions characters will join in the storyline, with the quest Welcome to Cantha.
- After the completion of Sunjiang District, the players will find themselves in Maatu Keep. The storyline here forks in two different paths; the Kurzick one leads through the Echovald Forest, and the Luxon path takes the player to the Jade Sea. The best way to proceed is to talk to Jamei two times, and take and complete both primary quests, this way you can complete protector of Cantha. The storyline rejoins after the completion of the Unwaking Waters mission, with the quest Taking Back the Palace.
The Jade Sea
- The two different paths of the storyline rejoin here, with the quest:
- Kaineng City
- Echovald Forest
- The Jade Sea