- This article is about a mission. This name is also used for an outpost, an explorable area, a Zaishen mission quest, and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Preceded by||Closer to the Stars|
|Followed by|| To Tahnnakai Temple|
Eliminate the Am Fah
Eliminate the Jade Brotherhood
The players complete this mission to become Weh no Su to be able to see and fight beings from the spirit realm in the mortal realm. This mission is equivalent to the Ascension in the Prophecies campaign, or completing Hunted! of the Nightfall campaign.
 Mission information
Defeat the celestial creatures to become Closer to the Stars.
- Defeat Kaijun Don, the Celestial Kirin.
- Defeat Kuonghsang, the Celestial Turtle Dragon.
- Defeat Hai Jii, the Celestial Phoenix.
- Defeat Tahmu, the Celestial Dragon.
|Normal mode||Completion time||Rewards|
|Standard||> 30 minutes||1,000 XP||100||1|
|Expert's||25 - 30 minutes||1,500 XP||150||1|
|Master's||< 25 minutes||2,000 XP||200||1|
|Hard mode||Completion time||Rewards|
|Standard||> 45 minutes||1,000 XP||200||1|
|Expert's||40 - 45 minutes||2,000 XP||300||1|
|Master's||< 40 minutes||3,000 XP||500||1|
The party must defeat the four Celestial creatures to become "Weh no Su", Closer to the Stars. Each Celestial boss spawns at a fixed point on the map, marked by the green stars on the mission map. Once a Celestial boss is killed, it causes multiple weaker versions of the Celestials to spawn, they have similar skills as their Celestials (with the exception of Hai Jii and its Essences of Phoenix) and should be fought in the same way (they also re-spawn 3 minutes after being killed). The four bosses can be defeated in any order. However, it is easier if the party enters the far left portal first as the essences will be easier to fight. The key to succeed in this mission is to keep moving cautiously forwards, and not to hang around too long in the same spot.
|Boss||Kaijun Don||Kuonghsang||Tahmu||Hai Jii|
|Portal||Left||Left ramp||Right ramp||Right|
 Hard mode
Avoid over-aggroing, pull enemies to prevent overwhelming numbers.
 Skill recommendations
- Stance removal skills to counter Star Blades's Balanced Stance and Sentinels's Lightning Reflexes.
- Hex removal skills help against Hai Jii, Tahmu, and their essences.
- Area of effect damage skills to deal with the large number of foes.
- Since Celestials are not fleshy, skills that inflict Bleeding, Disease or Poison, or require corpses are less effective here.
- Anti-caster skills, since most foes are spellcasters.
- A minion master can balance your party's number since there are many Tengu that leave exploitable corpses even though the Celestials do not. Essences of Turtle will deny you of corpses via use of Well of Weariness.
- Enchantment-based builds are vulnerable to enchantment removal by Essences of Turtle and so long recharge enchantments should be avoided.
- 10 (20) Adept Nai
- 20 (26) Essence of Kirin
- 20 (26) Essence of Turtle
- 20 (26) Essence of Phoenix
- 20 (26) Essence of Dragon
- 22 (29) Kaijun Don → Signet of Judgment
- 22 (29) Kuonghsang → Grenth's Balance
- 22 (29) Hai Jii → Lyssa's Aura
- 22 (29) Tahmu → Lightning Surge
- Suun: "Ah... I wondered when I would be seeing you."
- Suun: "My name is Suun."
- Suun: "I am the Oracle of the Mists."
- <Party leader>: "I was sent here to-"
- Suun: "I know why you have come here."
- Suun: "You are not the first to seek my help. You will not be the last."
- <Party leader>: "What-what do I-?"
- Suun: "The stars in the night sky cast their light down upon the world, making physical replicas of themselves."
- Suun: "Kai Jun Don, the Kirin. The embodiment of corruption."
- Suun: "The being of pure good, turned to pure evil."
- Suun: "Quon Sang, the Turtle Dragon. The eternal paradox, not one thing or another."
- Suun: "A reminder that we will never fully understand the Mists."
- Suun: "Hai Ji, the Phoenix, the representation of fiery eternity awaiting those in the Underworld."
- Suun: "And finally, the mightiest of them all, Tah Mu, the Dragon."
- Suun: "A constant reminder of atrocity, pain, and anguish."
- Suun: "You must defeat the avatars of these four celestial bodies if you wish to become Closer to the Stars."
- Suun: "Only then will you be able to see into the spirit realm and truly fight Shiro Tagachi."
- <Party leader>: "But how do I-?"
- Suun: "Get to the avatars?"
- Suun: "Step through one of these portals, and you shall be transported to the location you desire."
- Suun: "Choose wisely. If you should perish while among the celestials, I will not come help you."
- <Party leader>: "I understand."
- Suun: "I doubt that."
- <Party leader>: "One more question-"
- Suun: "Bother me no more with this."
- Suun: "Tangle with the stars if you must, but you will waste no more of my time."
 Initial dialogue
- Adept Nai: "The celestials and their guardians have been summoned. You must defeat them if you wish to become Weh no Su."
- Adept Nai: "Upon the destruction of a celestial, its essence will spread, creating countless smaller celestials that will endlessly return, much like the stars in the night sky."
- Adept Nai: "The difficulty of this task increases with each celestial you encounter, since you will face not only that celestial, but the essence of those you have already defeated, as well as the celestials' guardians."
- Adept Nai: "Pass through an orb to begin your trial. You will find yourself transported to a location near a celestial you must defeat."
- Suun: "I see that I have underestimated you."
- <Party leader>: "I'll say."
- Suun: "Forgive my harshness. There are those who take the power of the stars for granted."
- <Party leader>: "The Celestial Ministry perhaps?"
- Suun: "I see you have encountered them already."
- <Party leader>: "Unfortunately."
- Suun: "The Ministry are nothing more than an overfed bunch of paper pushers."
- Suun: "Good for little other than playing parlor tricks at a Naga cub's birthday party."
- Suun: "Well, you'll understand then when I don't welcome all of those who come looking to become Closer to the Stars."
- Suun: "Now you will excuse me. I have much work to do."
- <Party leader>: "But I-"
- Suun: "Go talk to an Adept!"
- Dead Man: "Are you an Envoy?"
- Spirit Shiro: "Yes."
- Dead Woman: "Are you here to take us to Eternal Paradise?"
- Spirit Shiro: "You're not going to Paradise."
- Dead Woman: "What are you going to do with us?"
- Spirit Shiro: "I'm going to make you into my soldiers."
- Spirit Shiro: "You're going to fight for me."
- Dead Man: "We won't do it. You can't make us."
- Spirit Shiro: "You will do whatever I tell you."
- Spirit Shiro: "Kneel!"
- Spirit Shiro: "Bow before your new master."
- Immediately after the last boss dies, the mission will end, and your party will be taken to Senji's Corner.
- Suun refers to the teleporters as "portals" during the opening cinematic, while Adept Nai refers to them as "orbs" at the beginning of the mission.