- This article is about a mission. This name is also used for an outpost.
Amatz Basin is a Kurzick challenge mission in the Echovald Forest. The wardens have become enraged and are attacking the outlying Kurzick settlements deep in the forests. Protect the Kurzick refugees as they make their way to the portal that will transport them to safety.
 Mission information
Save as many Kurzick refugees as possible before time elapses.
|Each refugee saved||1|
|Every 10 refugees saved||50|
Scoring in this mission rewards Kurzick faction, experience, and gold based on the formulas below. Values are rounded down. An additional bonus is given for achieving daily best, monthly best, or quarterly best.
|Reward||Amount||Daily Best||Monthly Best||Quarterly Best|
|Kurzick faction||(2000 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)||+4000||+8000||+16000|
|Experience||(1000 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)|
|Gold||(500 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)||+500||+1000||+2000|
This mission has a 10 minute time limit; however, additional time can be earned after rescuing a set number of refugees (+60 seconds every 25 people saved). Kurzick refugees come in groups of 1 - 4 from three different paths and head towards the portal. Approximately every 30 seconds, the next group spawns and makes its way toward the portal. Between the refugee spawn points and the portal is where several groups of Wardens spawn. As time progresses, more groups will spawn. Guard Karsten and Guard Uwe are standing next to the portal and will help fight any Wardens that get within range. They are not required to survive, but their presence is helpful.
The general strategy for this mission is to keep the Wardens distracted while the Kurzick refugees run to the portal.
- Doing this mission in hard mode provides a few benefits:
- Warden of Seasons use Consume Soul, so consider using effects that trigger on the death of summoned creatures (for example, Death Nova and Life) while avoiding the use of skills that will be ineffective due to the damage (for example Union and Shelter).
- Alternatively, avoid bringing summoned creatures altogether is viable.
- Considering using Shelter or Displacement to help the level 10 refugees survive the Churning Earth, Splinter Weapon and Shockwave assaults from the wardens.
- Hex spells are not used by any of the foes in this area.
- Wells and Wards are helpful, since you're going to be in the same general area the entire time.
- Have one player tank one direction the wardens approach from to distract them while the rest of the team focus on saving the refugees from another side only.
- AoE skills are effective due to the eventual high number of foes.
- 24 (26) Warden of Forests
- 24 (26) Warden of Winds
- 20 (26) Warden of the Spirit
- 24 (26) Warden of Earth
- 24 (26) Warden of Seasons
- See the Challenge Mission Ladder for current scores.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 0.3% to the Canthan Cartographer title.
- Obtaining a score of 100 or above will increase your Kurzick faction cap once by 1000.