Nika's past is shrouded in nearly as much mystery as Nika herself, though Master Togo has learned a bit about her—everyone knows the master of Shing Jea Monastery. She has also let slip to Master Togo, if not to Mhenlo and his friends, that she was born in Wajjun Bazaar, a market district not far from one of the largest ports in Cantha. Her father died mysteriously before she was born; her mother sent Nika to the secretive Conclave at a very young age to learn the art of the Assassin, a trade that the women of her family had practiced for centuries. Her mother, in fact, runs the largest Assassin's guild in all of Cantha. Nika killed her first man at age 10, and made her first solo kill when she was 12. She has never murdered anyone, to her way of thinking—assassination is her business, and she kills only to defend herself or her friends, or to fulfill a licensed contract.
Nika joins Mhenlo's group almost by accident. She is impressed by the way the disparate group of heroes works so efficiently, and offers to fill a void left by a set of twin sisters that left the group earlier. She is wholly dedicated to only two things—avenging her ancestor Vizu and protecting the Empire of the Dragon.
Nika is labeled as a "Deadly Henchman."
- Kaineng City
- Echovald Forest
- The Jade Sea
- Kaineng City
- Kaineng City
Quests involved in:
- Black Mantis Thrust
- Death Blossom
- Flashing Blades (elite)
- Jungle Strike
- Mark of Instability
- Shadow Refuge
- Resurrection Signet
During Raisu Palace mission
- Black Lotus Strike
- Expose Defenses
- Horns of the Ox
- Shadow Refuge
- Shattering Assault (elite)
- Siphon Speed
- Inflicts more damage than Emi.
- More durable than Emi or Panaku due to Flashing Blades.
- Can inflict the Crippled condition.
- Jungle Strike and Death Blossom Can provide reasonable AoE damage.
- Possesses a self-heal.
- Can knockdown foes.
- Unlike Emi or Panaku, she cannot inflict Dazed, Blind or Poison on foes.
- She cannot remove conditions from herself.
- Relies solely on Critical Strikes to regain energy.
- Her attack chain is impaired by the 10 second recharge of Jungle Strike
Bukdek Byway (during the quest Finding The Oracle):
- "Hello, stranger. A bit of free advice? Watch your back on these streets. You never know who might be looking to stick a knife in it. Kaineng City embraces those who know it like a mother embracing a child...but new arrivals aren't always so lucky."
Shenzun Tunnels (during the quest To Tahnnakai Temple):
- "I believe we can help one another if we work together"
Kaineng City towns and outposts:
- "We have much to lose if this plague is allowed to spread across the city. This place has been my life and I shall never abandon it, on my honor. Since I was first given my daggers, I have protected this city by removing those who dishonor her.
- "What did you need?"
Echovald Forest towns and outposts:
- "I have never been outside of Kaineng City. Did you see that giant tree with all the windows? You should really look up often, otherwise you might miss something.
- "Did you want to talk about anything?"
Raisu Palace mission:
- "Kaineng City has always been home to me. What kind of person would I be if turned tail and ran away when I was needed most?"
- "Shall I come with you and help save the emperor?"
- "We have saved my beloved Cantha, and for that, (character name), I cannot thank you enough. It was also good to see something of the world outside of the city. It has only served to strengthen my resolve to protect the place that I love."
- "Five on one should be about fair against me, if the five are truly skilled."
- "One does not wait for trouble to find them in this city, for it always will."
- "We should leave. Standing here is not wise."
- "I never imagined seeing such sights."
- "This place is awesome."
 Battle quotes
- "Are my daggers too fast for you?"
- "Aww, you're bleeding. Who could have done that to you?"
- "Blink and you'll miss me."
- "Can't we get some real competition?"
- "Careful now."
- "Die with honor and you will be given a place of honor in the afterlife."
- "I'm enjoying this immensely."
- "Your end is at hand and you don't even seem to realize it."
- Her armor appears to be a variation of Assassin Seitung armor.
- It is implied that she is the leader of the Obsidian Flame guild.
- She appears in Bukdek Byway while the Finding The Oracle quest is active. After the completion of that quest, she will continue to appear in Bukdek Byway until the Closer to the Stars quest has been accepted.
- She is the cousin of Mai and a descendant of Vizu.
- The assassin depicted in the artwork used to promote Guild Wars Factions is actually Nika.
- Nika looked a lot like the in-game version of Vizu during the Factions World Preview Event, but her face was remodelled closer to the artwork since.
- Her Factions skill set was changed in the October 22, 2009 update. As an ally in Raisu Palace, she uses the Factions skill set prior to that update.
|Devona • Lukas • Seaguard Eli • Talon Silverwing Aidan • Aurora • Daeman • Yuun • Zho Danika • Jamei • Redemptor Karl • Seaguard Gita • Sister Tai • Taya Brutus • Eve • Sheena • Su Erys Vasburg • Lo Sha • Seaguard Hala Argo • Cynn • Headmaster Vhang • Kai Ying • Kisai Emi • Mai • Nika • Panaku Aeson • Chiyo • Professor Gai|