The border is shared by all territories, and is updated every 3 hours, based on the outcome of the last 3 hours of Alliance Battles, as well as momentum from previous rounds of alliance battles. A faction that pushes into enemy territory will temporarily gain a "momentum bonus" that helps it drive the battle line further into enemy territory.
|Border update times (AM and PM)|
|GMT, CST, MDT, ADT||BST, PST, EST, CDT||PDT, EDT, MST|
Outpost and town and control
- See also: Alliance#Controlled outposts and towns
Outposts or towns are awarded to alliances with preference going to the alliance with the highest amount of faction first. The numbers 1 to 15 indicate the ranking system used (and effectively, list the top 15 faction-accumulating alliances of each faction.) Where the numbers of both Kurzick and Luxon are listed for the same outpost or town, then it is dependent on where the Kurzick-Luxon border is situated at the time. The rank 1–3 outposts/towns cannot be controlled by the opposing faction; e.g. Cavalon cannot be controlled by the Kurzicks.
In the in-game description of these outposts or towns (i.e. when selecting the outpost or town in the World Map), the cape of the lead guild of the alliance that controls that outpost or town appears in the top left of the outpost or town image and the following also appears:
Owned by: <name of the alliance's lead guild that owns the outpost or town> [<lead guild's tag>]
Faction to control: <amount of faction this alliance currently has> (<allegiance, e.g. Kurzick or Luxon>)
— in-game description
- Merchants and skill trainers deal exclusively with members of the town or outpost's controlling faction.
- Crafters and traders in the Echovald Forest deal exclusively with players that have more unspent Kurzick faction than Luxon faction regardless of town or outpost control. Crafters and traders in the Jade Sea deal exclusively with players that have more unspent Luxon faction than Kurzick faction regardless of town or outpost control.
- Xunlai Agents, collectors, Kurzick and Luxon quartermasters as well as faction reward NPCs will deal with players regardless of faction, as will the merchants in Elite Mission outposts.
- Resurrection Shrines adjacent to a faction-controlled town or outpost will include a priest, merchant and guards from that faction. Neutral players and members of the opposing faction can only use the shrine after bribing or fighting these NPCs.
|Kurzick controlled towns/outposts||3-5||6-8||9||10-12||13-15|
|Alliance battle map||The Ancestral Lands||Grenz Frontier||Saltspray Beach||Etnaran Keys||Kaanai Canyon|
|Luxon controlled towns/outposts||13-15||10-12||9||6-8||3-5|