- 1 General Comments
- 2 Fast Casting
- 3 Inspiration Magic
- 4 Domination Magic
- 5 Illusion Magic
- 6 Non-Attribute & PvE-only Skills
- 7 Mesmer Recycle Bin
5 1 15 - (Fast Casting) - Elite Skill. (1...25...31 seconds.) This skill becomes the Elite spells or signets of target creature. Elite spells or signets you cast use your Fast Casting attribute instead of their normal attributes.
5 ¼ 20 - (Fast Casting) - Elite Hex Spell. Interrupts an action. Interruption effect: (5...13...15 seconds.) Target foe moves 33% slower and has +20...44...50% skill activation time when targeting you. You move 33% faster and skills you activate on target foe have -20...44...50% cast time.
10 ¼ 15 - (Fast Casting) - Hex Spell. Initial effect: interrupts a skill. (5...13...15 seconds.) Target foes next skill is interupted and Web of Disruption ends. End effect: all foes in the area are hexed with Web of Disruption.
- Symbols of Inspiration: Now targets both Allies and Foes. Now only effects Spells and Signets.
- Mantra of Recovery:There are no Mesmer elite recharge for signets (non-elite Mantra of Inscriptions gives superior +35% recharge with 6 ranks)
- Feedback -
10 2 20 - (Domination Magic) - Elite Hex Spell. Initial effect: deals 30...102...120 damage if target foe is not Enchanted. (10 seconds.) Enchantments expire 50% faster. End effect: deals 30...102...120 damage if target foe is not Enchanted.
10 ¼ 12 - (Domination Magic) - Elite Hex Spell. Interrupts a spell or chant. Target foe has -1...3...3 Energy degeneration and you have +1...3...3 Energy regeneration (10 seconds). Interruption effect: deals 30...102...120 damage.
10 ¼ 10 - (Domination Magic) - Elite Hex Spell. Interrupts an action. Interruption effect: If a skill was interrupted, that skill is disabled and Simple Thievery becomes that skill (5...17...20 seconds). All skills of the same attribute are reduced to 0 ranks for 1...7...8 seconds.
- Tease -
10 2 15 - (Domination Magic) - Elite Hex Spell. Also hexes nearby foes. (5...13...15 seconds.) These foes take 15...39...45 damage whenever they use a skill. Deals 5...41...50 additional damage if not under the effects of another Mesmer hex.
- Backfire -
- Empathy -
10 3 15 - (Domination Magic) - Hex Spell. Also hexes foes adjacent to target. (6 seconds.) These foe's next skill takes +10...47...56 seconds to recharge, and Diversion is refreshed for 6 seconds. Renewal: if target foe uses a skill.
10 2 30 - (Domination Magic) - Hex Spell. Also hexes foes adjacent to target. (6 seconds.) These foe's next spell or chant fails and you steal 5...12...14 Energy. No effect unless this foe's spell or chant targets one of your allies. Renewal: if target foe casts spell or chant.
- Mistrust -
10 2 15 - (Domination Magic) - Hex Spell. Also hexes foes adjacent to target. (6 seconds.) These foe's next spell or chant fails and deals 15...63...75 damage to target and nearby foes. Renewal: if target foe casts spell or chant.
5 2 8 - (Domination Magic) - Hex Spell. (5 seconds.) Causes 1...4...5 Energy loss whenever target foe uses a non-Elite skill. End Effect: Causes 1...4...5 Energy loss. No effect and ends early if target foe uses an elite skill.
0 2 30 - (Domination Magic) - Signet. Causes 3...13...15 Energy loss. Also affects foes near your target.
- Backfire/Empathy/Visions of Regret: Notice that it says 'adjacent to target' and not 'target and adjacent foes' (there is a range smaller then adjacent; technically it -should- be called Touch-range, but Anet never officially recongnized Touch-skills until after the 'Concise-update'). Slightly buffed Backfire to hopefully avoid PvP/PvE-skill split. Vision of Regret is either tad strong for PvP or tad weak for PvE; either split or form a compromise. AoE needed for PvE
- Power Flux:Inferior to Power Leech in almost every way
5 2 10 - (Illusion Magic) - Elite Enchantment Spell. Enchant target ally with Illusionary Weaponry (30 seconds.) Deals no damage in melee, but target foe takes 10...34...40 damage whenever ally attack in melee. Furhter deals 10...34...40 damage if suffering from Illusion Magic hex.
- Migraine -
10 1 10 - (Illusion Magic) - Elite Hex Spell. (10 seconds.) Causes -1...4...5 Health degeneration. Intial effect: all hexes on target foe are renewed. Renewal: if target foe has another hex when Recurring Insecurity would end.
10 2 5 - (Illusion Magic) - Hex Spell. (5...9...10 seconds) Target foe takes twice as long to gain adrenaline.
Non-Attribute & PvE-only Skills
5 ¼ 12 - (Sunspear rank) - Spell. Interrupts a skill. Interruption effect: also interrupts 5 foes in the area plus 1 additional foe for every 2 ranks in Fast Casting. Deals 25...50 damage and causes 3...5 Health degeneration (10 seconds) if any of these foes had a Mesmer hex. -
5 1 15 - (Illusion Magic) - Spell. Remove one Enchantment. Recharges instantly if target foe has more enchantments than you. If this foe has less enchantments than you, you lose enchantments equal the difference.
Mesmer Recycle Bin
- Transpose Weapon -
- Transpose Enchantment -
- Transpose Hex -
Most of the enchantment-removal skills are being configured to also remove Weapon Spells. As such, the names should change to reflect this. Inserting the word "essence" instead of "enchantment" should suffice. For example, "Drain Enchantment=Drain Essence, Shatter Enchantment=Shatter Essence...etc".
- Mantra of Recovery: Ok...but when combined with Mantra of Inscriptions would that be too deadly/imbalanced?
- --Falconeye they are both stance, so no it wont ^_^ thats a with beauty of self-regualating rules.
- I knew that, I was just testing you:P--Lancy1214 23:55, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- Expel Hexes: Even though it's only mesmer hexes, this is still WAY too powerful and puts a MUT right to hexers. The way it was before was better if u ask me.
Any mesmer non-elite anti-Weapon Spells should have greater difficulty removing WS, particulaty if target is earshot of a spirit (the idea being that while caster uses mana to enchant, the ritualist uses an ally's -SOUL- to power/bind the WS to the ancestral weapon).
- Ignorance - Now affects target foe and all foes near that target.
- Ignorance: If it's going to be nearby foes, maybe a duration shortening would suffice?
- Arcane Mimicry: Sure?
- Hex Eater Vortex- 10e / 1c / 12r -Domination Magic -Elite Spell. Remove a Hex from target ally. If a Hex is removed in this way, foes near that ally take 30...102…120 damage and lose one Enchantment.
- Hex Eater Vortex: I think 5 energy is a bit much for a skill that does this much! This used to be overused in GvG's...it was nerfed for a reason!
- Personally its annoying when skills cause x-damage but neglect to mention what type so players must assume its armor ignoring (the 3 armor-ignoring types are Shadow[dark], Holy[light], Chaos); we all know that Necro curses/Rits spirits deal Shadow, and Der/Monk deal Holy. While Shadow/Holy could've gone different/more interesting routes (i.e. Shadow can -only- be negated by Shadow -- M:tG), Chaos by its very nature is impossible to counter since its damage-type is constant state of flux, perfect for mesmer's blue-magic style of play.