From Guild Wars Wiki
Concise description: You have -20 armor (minimum 60).
— In-game description
Skills that cause cracked armor
- Mark of Fury
- Well of Ruin — when a foe within the well takes physical damage.
- Weaken Armor
- Shrinking Armor
- Lightning Hammer — PvE version only.
- Lightning Surge
- Lightning Touch
- Shell Shock
- Shockwave — to nearby foes only.
- Teinai's Crystals — if target is affected by a Water Magic hex.
- Spirit Rift
- Sundering Weapon
- Aura Slicer — if enchanted.
- Rending Aura — end effect.
- Staggering Force — end effect.
- "Finish Him!" (PvE-only) — if target has less than 50% health.
- Alkar's Alchemical Acid (PvE-only) — if target is a Destroyer.
- Low Blow (PvE-only) — if target is knocked down.
Skills that benefit from cracked armor
- Distracting Strike
- Body Blow
- Piercing Trap
- Body Shot
- Shock Arrow
- Teinai's Prison
- Deft Strike (PvE-only)
Skills with cracked armor-dependent effects
Skills that also reduce armor
- See also: Skills that affect armor rating
- Healing Signet — on yourself while activating.
- Barbed Arrows — on yourself while activating.
- Elemental Resistance — on yourself.
- Physical Resistance — on yourself.
- Shadowy Burden — if target has no other hexes.
- Aggressive Refrain — on yourself.
- Soldier's Fury — on yourself.
- Cracked Armor takes effect before the armor cap.
- There are no upgrade components that influence the duration of cracked armor, as there are for most other conditions.
- For a maximum level character, an AR of 60, from a flavor standpoint, is essentially considered unarmored. An armor rating of 60 offers no damage reduction or increase to the listed damage of a weapon or skill.
- Cracked Armor uses the same animation as weakness.
- Opponents suffering the full effect of cracked armor will take 41% more damage.
- It often has little or no effect on party members who are casters, since their maximum base armor rating is 60; it almost always has some effect on martial classes.
- It almost always reduces protections offered by armor-boosting equipment mods, such as of Defense or Shaman's Insignia.
- It almost always reduces the bonuses of armor-boosting skills like Armor of Frost.
- Many foes in hard mode will suffer its full effects, since even casters can have armor ratings of 80 or more.
- Since cracked armor gives a percentage-based increase in damage, targets with AR 80 (the lowest rating that receives the full effect) will suffer the highest amount of increased damage.
- This is the only condition added to the game after the release of Prophecies. Only a few older skills were updated to make use of it: Weaken Armor, Mark of Fury, Lightning Orb (prior to the September 13, 2012 update), Staggering Force, Rending Aura, and Spirit Rift (each of these pre-dates the release of Eye of the North).
|Bleeding • Blind • Burning • Cracked Armor • Crippled • Dazed • Deep Wound • Disease • Poison • Weakness|