|Level(s)||16 (25), 28 (30)|
There are some who say that the demonic, savage Oni originate in the Mists, others from someplace even more distant, dark, and cut off from the world of sanity. They are killers from beyond, appearing from nowhere to butcher their victims, for what reason no one knows. Whatever their purpose or origin, the Oni are among the most deadly things on two legs in Cantha.
Oni are capable of appearing anywhere throughout Cantha, though they do not show up in Kaineng City for some reason. There are some, such as Dauv Merishahl, that believe that the Oni are Outcasts in an advanced state of corruption and insanity caused by Kanaxai's influence from the Deep.
- Shing Jea Island
- Echovald Forest
- The Jade Sea
- Fox Fangs
- Horns of the Ox
- Jagged Strike
- Scorpion Wire
- Shadow Refuge (not on level 16 version in normal mode)
- Shadow Shroud (elite) (not on level 16 version in normal mode)
- Demonic Agility (monster skill)
 Armor ratings
|Armor ratings at level 28|
 Items dropped
- Keen Oni Claw (only in Echovald Forest)
- Keen Oni Talon (only in The Jade Sea)
- Monstrous Claw
- Monstrous Eye
- Monstrous Fang
- Oni Blade
- Oni Claw (only in Shing Jea Island)
- Oni Daggers
- Oni Shroud
- Regurgitated Mass
- Ungues of the Oni (unique) (only in Rhea's Crater)
- An Oni ally can be summoned using a Demonic Summoning Stone or a Mysterious Summoning Stone.
- The Oni's idle emote is an unusual beckoning or stretching gesture, easily observed by summoning friendly Oni.
- There is a rare miniature version of these creatures.
- In Japanese folklore, oni are either invisible spirits or gods that cause disasters and have a taste for human flesh, or large brutish ogre-like creatures with claws and a pair of horns.