Gate of Desolation (outpost)
- This article is about an outpost. This name is also used for a Zaishen mission quest.
|Gate of Desolation|
|Exit(s)|| The Sulfurous Wastes|
On the world map
A view inside
Once a mighty edifice designed to repel desert raiders like Palawa Joko, the Gates [sic] of Desolation are a broken skeleton slowly being reclaimed by the desert. A few determined traders hang on, although their customers are mostly Centaurs from the plains.
— in-game description
- 20 Wandering Scribes (3 collectors for 1, 3, and 5 Ancient Artifacts)
- 20 Sahnbur (merchant)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- (all level 20)
- Devona (Fighter)
- Aidan (Archer)
- Kihm (Healer)
- Mhenlo (Healer)
- Eve (Blood)
- Odurra (Illusion)
- Cynn (Fire)
- Herta (Earth)
- Sogolon (Motivation)
- Gehraz (Holy)
- The world map actually marks this location with the icon for an outpost upon initial arrival. It changes into the icon for a mission outpost only upon completion of the quest that precedes the Gate of Desolation mission, which is Crossing the Desolation.
- The map that comes with the Guild Wars Nightfall: Collector's Edition box calls this outpost Gates of Desolation, making the definition grammatically incorrect. Additionally, this outpost was called Gates of Desolation in-game until an update rectified it to its current name.
|Towns and outposts in the Desolation|
|Bone Palace • Gate of Desolation • Lair of the Forgotten • Remains of Sahlahja • Ruins of Morah • The Mouth of Torment|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|