The Mouth of Torment
|The Mouth of Torment|
|Exit(s)||Gate of Torment|
The Ruptured Heart
On the world map
A view inside
It was here that Abaddon and his Margonites challenged the power of the Five True Gods, and here that the other gods smote the God of Secrets down, imprisoning him and his following in a Realm of Torment. This once beautiful land is now a crater littered with the trappings of a god. And above it the Mouth of Torment hangs, a weakness in the world, a globe of pure evil, beckoning all to their doom.
— in-game description
The Mouth of Torment is the site of a terrible rift that connects the Realm of Torment to Elona. One can travel to that dark and dangerous realm by stepping into the Vortex that was opened by Warmarshal Varesh Ossa's death.
This outpost becomes accessible after completion of the Ruins of Morah mission. The mission will not automatically bring the party here though; it will bring them to the Gate of Torment. From there, step into the Vortex to arrive here (map travel via the Vortex in the Realm of Torment works too).
- 20 Kenmu (merchant)
- 20 Dau (skill trainer)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- (all level 20)
- Devona (Fighter)
- Aidan (Archer)
- Kihm (Healer)
- Mhenlo (Healer)
- Eve (Blood)
- Odurra (Illusion)
- Cynn (Fire)
- Herta (Earth)
- Sogolon (Motivation)
- Gehraz (Holy)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on The Mouth of Torment.|
- This outpost will actually appear on your world map after completion of the Ruins of Morah mission, without you needing to first unlock it by an initial visit.
- If someone in your party hasn't completed the Ruins of Morah mission (such as when taking the Crystal Overlook Teleporter from The Arid Sea) then the outpost will be locked for everyone.
- If your character approaches the central vortex (above the large hole in the ground), they will be affected by the Approaching the Vortex effect.
- This outpost counts toward the Elona Cartographer title, but provides less than 0.1% to it.
- The Mouth of Torment, Grand Court of Sebelkeh, Yahnur Market, Sifhalla, and Tarnished Haven are the only outposts with two exits leading to the same zone.
|Towns and outposts in the Desolation|
|Bone Palace • Gate of Desolation • Lair of the Forgotten • Remains of Sahlahja • Ruins of Morah • The Mouth of Torment|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|