From Guild Wars Wiki
(Redirected from Mission outpost)Jump to navigationJump to search
An outpost is a non-instanced location on the World Map, as opposed to an explorable area. It is similar to a town but smaller. NPC services offered in outposts are limited, usually to storage and a merchant, but sometimes a few other services are available. Some outposts have missions available and are also called mission outposts. Outposts (excluding mission outposts) aren't shown when zoomed out on the World Map, unlike towns.
Every region has at least one outpost.
- You enter and exit an outpost by passing through a portal.
- Outposts can be selected for map travel.
- A maximum of 20 miniatures can be in use by players at any one time.
- A character is displayed as empty handed when in town regardless of what weapon or focus item/shield is equipped.
- Death Penalty, Morale Boost, and Blessings are lost when entering an outpost.
- An outpost can hold a maximum of 100 characters. If full, additional characters are placed in a new district.
- When a character is the leader of a party, the number of party members is displayed above that character's head; characters not in a party will have their profession(s) and level displayed above their head. These are only displayed in outposts and not in towns.
- The outposts in The Jade Sea and Echovald Forest can be controlled by player alliances, which provides some special benefits to the owner guilds.
Outposts by continent
Mission outposts by continent
- The World Map actually marks this location with the icon for an outpost upon initial arrival. It changes into the icon for a mission outpost only upon completion of the preceding quest or mission(s) of that outpost's mission.
- The mission Ascalon Academy is obtained from Ascalon City in pre-Searing Prophecies, but is not actually listed in the game as a mission outpost.