Consulate Docks (outpost)
On the world map
A view inside
The Consulate Docks is a private harbor and staging area for use by the Istani government for official purposes.
These docks, located behind the imposing Consulate building at the northern end of Kamadan, are used solely for official government business. They can only be accessed though the Consulate, and then only with written approval. Elders traveling to the Elonian mainland, as well as ambassadors from Kourna and Vabbi, depart from here, bypassing the chaos of the common docks, which are used for trade vessels and tourists.
— in-game description
This outpost is first reached as part of the primary quest The Time is Nigh, after a cutscene in the Consulate. Once that quest has been completed, traveling to this location via the Consulate is no longer possible; you must use map travel.
It is not uncommon to see players offering or looking for a "ferry to the Docks" in Kamadan. The ferry refers to a character with the Time is Nigh quest active. Since the quest will bring that character here, any other character in his or her party will also be brought here, regardless of their level or any other requirements. The reason most players do this is solely to get access to the maxed armor that can be crafted in this location, or to join a party doing the quests that allow travel to Tyria or Cantha (and get ferried again).
- Bejunkan Pier (via Mhenlo, only for Nightfall characters that have completed Plague in Cantha)
- Consulate (west)
- Lion's Gate (via Mhenlo, only for Nightfall characters that have completed Terror in Tyria)
- (all level 17)
- Devona (Fighter)
- Aidan (Archer)
- Kihm (Monk)
- Eve (Blood)
- Odurra (Domination)
- Cynn (Fire)
- Herta (Earth)
- Sogolon (Motivation)
- Gehraz (Holy)
- 20 Mhenlo
- 20 Dinja
- 20 Kohjo
- 20 Lahna
- 20 Raidmarshal Mehdara (mission starter)
- 15 Yamamank (mission briefing)
- This is one of very few outposts that does not have a merchant.
- The loading screen for this area is the loading screen for Kourna. This seems to indicate that the location where the mission takes place takes priority when deciding a loading screen.
- Complete exploration of this outpost contributes less than 0.1% to the Elonian Cartographer title.