From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Lion's Gate open
Located south of Lion's Arch, this small extension consists of a quarantined area for processing foreign arrivals and the lighthouse.
When traveling to Tyria from another campaign, characters will be placed here before entering Lion's Arch. To travel to Elona for the first time, characters will also need to come in here.
- Talk to Lionguard Bedo.
- This is the first Prophecies area Factions and Nightfall characters arrive in (during Chaos in Kryta and Terror in Tyria, respectively).
- Nightfall characters that have completed Terror in Tyria can talk to Mhenlo in Consulate Docks
- 20 (20) Acolyte Haitan
- 16 (20) Devona
- 10 (20) Jarys Ironhelm
- 16 (20) Aidan
- 16 (20) Mhenlo
- 16 (20) Cynn
- 20 (20) Kormir (only during the quest Sunspears in Kryta)
- 10 (20) Jenah Bao
- 15 (20) Lionguard Neiro
- 15 (20) Lionguards
- Complete exploration of this area contributes less than 0.1% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- If you enter this area by talking to Lionguard Bedo, you will not be able to return back to Lion's Arch by talking to Lionguard Neiro (regardless of which quest is active) and you will have to map travel there instead (except that during the quest Sunspears in Kryta, you will speak to Kormir to enter the Lion's Arch (Sunspears in Kryta), or later Sun Docks).
- This area does not contain a Resurrection Shrine, so should your party wipe (e.g. via Vampiric weapon or sacrifice), you will receive a "your party has been defeated" dialogue and then be returned to the last outpost your party was in.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Lion's Gate.|
- The Lion Gate is an ancient gateway in Mycenae, Greece built in about 1250 BC.
- Kormir does not carry a primary weapon when she is inside Lion's Gate, though she carries a shield in her off-hand. This may be because the Lionguard do not allow others to carry weapons within the city.