From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for an explorable area during the War in Kryta and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)||The Black Curtain|
Kessex Peak is one of the highest points of land within the region of Kryta.
From Temple of the Ages, head south through the Black Curtain.
- Northeast, at the exit into the Black Curtain.
- 2 (20) Brion Elston (collector for 4 Forest Minotaur Horns)
- 2 (20) Brynden Cromwell (collector for 4 Gargantuan Jawbones)
- 1 (20) William Pennington (collector for 4 Ivory Troll Tusks)
- 15 (20) Lionguard Gariol
- 5 (5) Lynx (central area and southeastern corner)
- 20 (26) Hill Giant
- 20 (26) Eyes of Verata
- 20 (26) Shepherd of Verata
- 20 (26) Apprentice of Verata
- 20 (26) Sage of Verata
- 11 (24) Bandit (only during the quest The Villainy of Galrath)
- 19 (25) Forest Minotaur
- 20 (26) Fog Nightmare
- 17 (25) Ancient Oakheart
- 11 (24) Spined Aloe
- 17 (25) Reed Stalker
- 20 (26) Fen Troll
- 24 (30) Morg Pebblebound (does not always spawn)
- 24 (30) Liam Shanglui
- 24 (30) Verata
- 24 (30) Tachi Forvent
- 24 (30) Samira Dhulnarim
Humans (White Mantle)
- 20 (29) Galrath (only during the quest the Villainy of Galrath)
- 28 (30) Murk Darkshriek
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Kessex Hills.|
- The only resurrection shrine is at the beginning of the area.
- Apprentices of Verata will steal party members' minions using Verata's Gaze.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.1% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- The Villainy of Galrath (reduces foes by about 20)
- Heirlooms of the Mad King (Halloween quest)
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 190 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 156 to 205 foes.
- Has hidden foes.
- Many consider this area more difficult than others due to the Cult of Verata presence.
- Bring party members that are not dependent on line of sight; this allows for killing many of the Cult of Verata in relative safety by standing at the foot of their cliff, out of compass range from the access slope. (EVAS is great for luring enemies from even further away into to the party's range.)
- With The Villainy of Galrath (not the hard mode version) active, many of the groups are converted to weaker groups of bandits, making vanquishing easier.
- If the War in Kryta is active, the area will also include Peacekeepers and White Mantle.