From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Black Curtain
- Northwest, at the exit into The Black Curtain.
- West, at the southern exit into The Black Curtain.
- Southeast, at the exit into Nebo Terrace.
- 17 (25) Wraith
- 17 (25) Smoke Phantom
- 13 (24) Oakheart
- 17 (25) Ancient Oakheart
- 14 (24) Large Spined Aloe
- 11 (24) Spined Aloe
- 17 (25) Reed Stalker
- 16 (25) Hellhound
- 17 (25) Skeleton Bowmaster
- 13 (24) Skeleton Ranger
- 12 (24) Skeleton Monk
- 13 (24) Skeleton Mesmer
- 13 (24) Skeleton Sorcerer
- 18 (25) Executioner
- 11 (24) Grasping Ghoul
- 18 (25) Damned Cleric
- 18 (25) Necrid Horseman
- 14 (24) Zombie Warlock
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 0.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title
- This explorable area is on the only direct route from Lion's Arch to the Temple of the Ages and between the outpost Bergen Hot Springs and the Temple.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 76 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 72 to 83 foes.
- Consider starting from Temple of the Ages to get a party size of 8. Also, the path through the Black Curtain has fewer foes than the one through Nebo Terrace if you start from Bergen Hot Springs.
- Beware of the central area on this map where two groups of Skeleton Mesmers and Damned Clerics are packed together with Zombie Warlocks. The warlocks stand on a slope where they can comfortably spawn bone minions each time you kill a foe. If you are coming from one of the exits to The Black Curtain, it is advisable to run past this mob and approach it from the other side, where you can engage the warlocks alone and retain a height advantage over the mesmers and clerics. Note that if your party is wiped when you are a bit further from the group, you will resurrect at the shrine close to the exit to Nebo Terrace - which is not an altogether unwise strategy if you can spare the death penalty.
- There are a lot of hidden Grasping Ghouls.
- Cursed Lands (non-War in Kryta area), Tasca's Demise and Icedome are the only areas in Prophecies without a friendly NPC (aside of Nicholas the Traveler). Dreadnought's Drift is a similar case, but has one conditional temporary friendly NPC in the form of the Avatar of Dwayna.
- Cursed Lands is the only one outside of the Southern Shiverpeaks.