|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Factions and Nightfall|
|Given by||Dinja |
in Consulate Docks
Quest map beginning from Kaineng Center
Path to Lale the Vindictive in the Undercity
- Speak with Imperial Guardsman Linro in Kaineng Center.
- Find Zenmai in Bukdek Byway.
- Travel to the Undercity. Zenmai must survive.
- Stop the Am Fah from creating new afflicted soldiers.
- Defeat the demons.
- Speak with Zenmai[sic]
- Return to Clerk Arlon in Kamadan with Zenmai.
- 1,500 Experience
- Zenmai joins your party
- During this quest, the number of foes in Bukdek Byway will be reduced to only 1-10, which makes vanquishing easier. See Bukdek Byway notes.
- During this quest, some bosses in the Undercity or several bosses in that explorable area during Winds of Change will not spawn after speaking to Zenmai in Bukdek Byway and then entering the Undercity with her.
See campaign travel for information on travelling to Cantha and Elona.
To complete the quest, Zenmai must stay alive the entire time. One option is to repeatedly order a Monk player or hero to use Healing Prayers or Protection Prayers skills on her. For players that are not level 20 yet, flagging your heroes and henchmen to tackle the mobs would be a good idea. This also minimizes the chance of Zenmai dying, as she will stay behind with you.
- 15 (20) Zenmai (also in Bukdek Byway)
- 10 (20) Xeng Lu
- 10 (20) Canthan Tourist
- 10 (20) Canthan Poet
- 10 (20) Canthan Costumer
- 10 (20) Canthan Trader
- 20 (26) Afflicted Warrior
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ranger
- 20 (26) Afflicted Monk
- 20 (26) Afflicted Necromancer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Mesmer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Elementalist
- 20 (26) Afflicted Assassin
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ritualist
- 10 (20) Canthan Peasant
- 20 (26) Am Fah Marksman
- 20 (26) Am Fah Healer
- 20 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 20 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- Linro, an Imperial guardsman Kormir met during her trip to Cantha, sent a missive about an assassin named Zenmai. Apparently the spearmarshal had asked Linro to keep his eyes open for any potential recruits.
- If you ask me, he's just trying to pawn his problems off on us. He saw the assassin in Kaineng Center, apparently looking "suspicious." But, we can't afford to be picky, so I need you to go check out this assassin. She might come in handy if things get any uglier around here.
- Accept: "A cold, refreshing assassin? I sure could use one of those right about now!"
- Decline: "Things are going to get uglier? I just remembered, I have an urgent meeting...under my bed."
- Ask: "What are you still doing here? It's a long trip to Kaineng Center and I already sent word to Imperial Guardsman Linro to tell him you're coming."
- Imperial Guardsman Linro
- "You're one of Kormir's Sunspears, aren't you? She mentioned some of you might come to Cantha. She wanted me to watch for any potential recruits for your cause. An assassin by the name of Zenmai recently got off the boat. Rumor has it she spent some time soul searching at Shing Jea Monastery. You should be able to catch up to her in Bukdek Byway. But be warned, she's not exactly a warm person."
- Sunspears? Sorry. Never heard of you. However, it would seem you are some use in a fight."
- As mo zing, a masterless assassin, I move from employer to employer, like the wind. Unfortunately, my most recent employer was kidnapped by my former comrades, the Am Fah, along with several other civilians from Kaineng Center. They will force those poor souls to drink from their corrupted chalice, turning them into mindless, Afflicted monsters. I know the location of their hideout in the Undercity. If you can face the danger, I would have you stand at my side.
- "To the Undercity! We must save those civilians before they are lost to the sewers...along with my pay."
At the Am Fah's guild hall
- Lale the Vindictive: "At last, at last. The ceremony could not begin without the most important player. Zenmai, my dear, you've kept me waiting a long time. Too long. But it is an auspicious day that brings us together again. Did you truly think you could escape?"
- Xeng Lu: "Zenmai...? Have you come to rescue me from these... these madmen?
- Zenmai: "I shall free you from the Am Fah... and then free you of the coin you owe me for my last job; do not mistake that. Dealing with Lale is a bonus. I do that for free."
- Lale the Vindictive: "Such bile! Such anger! You're as cold as ever, Zenmai. Maybe if you weren't so frigid you'd move a little faster... You see, you're already too late for that one. To pass the time while waiting for you, we had some funs, some laughs... and some drinks from the Chalice of Corruption. Justy like old times, before you left us. Remember?"
- Zenmai: "The past is a shadow that lurks behind us all, waiting to embrace you like the ground rushing up as you fall. I never forget the past, and today I shall settle its debts."
- Lale the Vindictive: "A poet now, are we? You play at many things, Zenmai. First you run from your past, like a mole that cannot face the sun. Now you come before me, playing the part of a hero. Very well. Let your blades speak, and we shall know the truth of your heart!"
After defeating the Am Fah, Afflicted, and Demons:
- Canthan Costumer: "I can't promise I'll remember your name when my fashions hit the big time, but I'll try not to forget what you've done for me this day! Um, what was your name, again?"
- Canthan Poet: "Such heroism! / You will be remembered well / In my poetry"
- Canthan Tourist: "I think it's time I reconsidered my reasons for traveling. It appears the grass was only greener on the other side because it was plague infested!"
- My blades have pierced the Shiro'ken as surely as they have cut down these creatures, these demons. Through my steel, I could feel the same evil. It can be no coincidence...there is something greater at work here. Come, Sunspear. It would seem my answers lie in Elona. Besides, I can't collect my pay from a dead afflicted, can I? Perhaps I need a new employer...."
- Clerk Arlon
- Let me just dot the 'I' on your friend's temporary Sunspear Visa and it will be complete. There! This document will allow her free access to our ports and services. Have a nice day!
- Having this quest active can drastically reduce the number of foes required to vanquish Bukdek Byway, less than 10 kills if combined with The Afflicted Guard, The Drunken Master or Missing Daughter, down to 60 otherwise.
- For the Guild Wars Nightfall campaign, Plague in Cantha given by Funwa Shento in Kamadan is associated with this quest.
- For the Guild Wars Prophecies campaign, Mhenlo's Request given by Firstwatch Sergio in Lion's Arch is associated with this quest.
- Combines very well with Mayhem in the Market if you are using a Factions character in this quest, as the number of Afflicted in the region are significantly reduced.
- The Torment creatures are affected from your Lightbringer title effect as usual.
- Once you talk to Zenmai in Bukdek Byway, you need to escort her to the Undercity. If you zone away from Bukdek Byway or enter the Undercity before she arrives, you need to re-enter and talk to Zenmai again. If Zenmai is missed after you have entered the Undercity, exit back to Bukdek Byway and re-enter.
- This quest replaced the now removed quest Gain Zenmai. If Gain Zenmai was completed, this quest can not be accepted. Likewise, if you have Gain Zenmai you can not start this quest until it is abandoned.
- The quest's name is a light reference to the 1997 Kevin Smith movie, Chasing Amy.