User:Raine Valen/Musings/Lyssa's Court
- 1 Lyssa's Court
- 1.1 Quests:
- 1.1.1 Quest 1: To Please the Court
- 1.1.2 Quest 2: A Gift for the King
- 1.1.3 Quest 3: The Blood-Red Carpet
- 1.1.4 Quest 4: An Act of Diplomacy
- 1.1.5 Quest 5: Royal Assassination
- 1.1.6 Quest 6: Flee the Scene
- 1.1.7 Quest 7: Black Knights
- 1.1.8 Quest 8: The Dragon's Horde
- 1.1.9 Quest 9: The Arms Race
- 1.1.10 Quest 10: Castle Under Siege
- 1.1.11 Quest 11: Usurping the Throne
- 1.2 Foes:
- 1.2.1 Group 1: Discord Spike
- 1.2.2 Group 2: Physical Pressure
- 1.2.3 Group 3: Derv Smite
- 1.2.4 Group 4: Ele Ball
- 1.2.5 Group 5: Sway
- 1.2.6 Boss: Kazenji, Dragon Assassin
- 1.2.7 Boss: Khesze, Chaos Lord
- 1.1 Quests:
All mobs are level 20 in Normal Mode unless otherwise noted.
There are a total of 11 quests:
Quest 1: To Please the Court
- As honored guests, your failure to attend the coronation would be seen as an insult to the new self-appointed Lord of Chaos. Show up, and do it on time.
- It looks like the guards didn't get the note that you would be attending. You have no time to waste; make your way around, through, or over them.
- Present your offering to the Chaos Lord.
This quest is given automatically upon entrance to the Court.
To complete it, you may either (1) kill the mobs (Physical Pressure group) at the main entrance or (2) sneak in through a hidden side entrance. The quest is completed when you arrive in the throne room and take a place near the throne.
The party will watch as other attendees present their gifts to the King. When the player's turn to present a gift comes up, they will, of course, find that they do not have a gift. Some lesser members of the court (Discord Spike group) will pull the players to the side to counsel them. Thus begins the second quest:
Quest 2: A Gift for the King
- How could you not bring a gift?! These trinkets and candies and whatnot will do for now, but you WILL return with a more suitable offering, or one will be made of your heads! Which will it be?!
- "Wasn't there a gift shop on the way in?"
- "I think your head would make a better gift!"
At the initial dialog, all consumables are removed from party members' inventories, all consumable effects on the party are removed, and any items on the ground are destroyed.
Depending on the party leader's choice, players will either roam about in search of a suitable gift (though there are many items that may be presented, none of them will be considered "suitable") or the enemy group (Discord Spike) will become hostile.
Quest 3: The Blood-Red Carpet
Quest 4: An Act of Diplomacy
Quest 5: Royal Assassination
Quest 6: Flee the Scene
gtfo the castle without being killed by a random assortment of random mobs and find Lyssa's supporters outside of the grounds. These supporters are plotting to reinstall Lyssa onto the throne, and you will help them do this. Their plans entail crafting some new gear for themselves and the party, which will give them some previously-unhad advantage over the new Chaos Lord. This will require some rare material which the party will be able to find in The Dragon's Horde, a trove of loot stolen over the ages.
Unfortunately, you've got some immediate concerns: there are groups of Khezse supporters approaching the rebel camp.
Quest 7: Black Knights
Wave after wave of ridiculously powerful dervishes &co (Derv Smite group) will approach the party.
This quest is straightforward, and ends when the groups have been defeated, at which point the Lyssa supporters will expound on what you must do for the next quest:
Quest 8: The Dragon's Horde
The main goal of this quest is to steal certain items from the Dragon Assassin's chamber. This will, ultimately, involve killing him.
The first thing that goes wrong is the group of raiders (Sway group) already intent on plundering the treasure cache. You get the pleasure of dealing with a 10-man Sway. After not dying horribly, the party may proceed into the treasure room, where they will pick up some of the materials that they need and consequently be confronted by Kazenji.
Kazenji says some stuff briefly, then goes hostile. If the party is unprepared, they will most certainly die. Barring that, they will take their plundered materials back to Lyssa's supporters, where the next quest begins.
Quest 9: The Arms Race
Quest 10: Castle Under Siege
This quest entails carving through walls of foes to make your way into the throne room.
It will be very hard.
Upon reaching the throne room, and defeating all other foes, you will be confronted by Khezse's inner circle (Elite Balanced Group). This quest ends on their defeat, where Khesze will be the only foe left standing.
Quest 11: Usurping the Throne
This is the big one. Your party v Khezse, the mother of all imba mesmers.
Group 1: Discord Spike
- Attributes: 15 Domination Magic, 11 Fast Casting, 8 Restoration Magic
- Attributes: 16 Death Magic, 10 Restoration Magic, 9 Soul Reaping, 8 Curses
- Attributes: 15 Spawning Power, 16 Communing, 3 Inspiration Magic
- Attributes: 16 Healing Prayers, 11 Inspiration Magic, 6 Divine Favor
Spawns as follows:
- 1 Me/Rt Jester
- 4 N/Rt Count
- 1 Rt/Me Defender
- 2 Mo/Me Cleric
Group 2: Physical Pressure
- 16 Swordsmanship, 15 Strength
- 16 Marksmanship, 15 Expertise, 3 Restoration Magic
- 15 Curses, 12 Blood Magic, 10 Soul Reaping
- 16 channeling Magic, 12 Channeling Magic, 9 Spawning Power
- 12 Restoration Magic, 16 Energy Storage
Spawns as follows:
- 2 W/D Knight
- 2 R/Rt Archer
- 1 N/Mo Cultist
- 1 Rt/R Weaponmaster
- 2 E/Rt Witchdoctor
Group 3: Derv Smite
Black Chaotic Knight:
- 16 Scythe Mastery, 13 Mysticism
- 16 Air Magic, 13 Energy Storage
- 16 Channeling Magic, 12 Smiting Prayers
Elite Chaotic Demagogue:
- 16 Blood Magic, 11 Curses, 9 Soul Reaping
15 Mysticism, 12 Healing Prayers, 3 Wind Prayers
15 Mysticism, 12 Pritection Prayers, 3 Wind Prayers
Spawns as follows:
- 2 D/W Black Knight
- 1 E/Mo Wizard
- 1 Rt/Mo Bishop
- 1 N/Rt Elite Demagogue
- 1 D/Mo Priest
- 1 D/Mo Cardinal
Group 4: Ele Ball
16 Scythe Mastery, 15 Mysticism, 4 Wind Prayers
16 Fire Magic, 11 Earth Magic, 9 Energy Storage
16 Water Magic, 11 Air Magic, 9 Energy Storage
16 Earth Magic, 12 Restoration Magic, 3 Energy Storage
16 Healing Prayers, 10 Protection Prayers, 9 Earth Magic, 4 Divine Favor
Spawns as follows:
- 2 D/E Steel Soul
- 3 E/D Magma Soul
- 2 E/Rt Icewind Soul
- 2 E/Rt Stone Soul
- 3 Mo/E Healing Soul
Group 5: Sway
Elite Chaotic Bandit:
16 Expertise, 12 Dagger Mastery
Elite Chaotic Trapper:
16 Wilderness Survival, 15 Wilderness Survival
Elite Chaotic Lance:
15 Spear Mastery, 14 Leadership, 9 Command
Elite Chaotic Preserver:
16 Communing, 15 Spawning Power
Elite Chaotic Restorer:
16 Restoration Magic, 15 Spawning Power
Spawns as follows:
- 3 R/A Elite Bandit
- 2 R Elite Trapper
- 2 P/W Elite Lance
- 1 Rt/Me Elite Preserver
- 2 Rt Elite Restorer
Boss: Kazenji, Dragon Assassin
Boss-like foe: Level 27 Assassin. 35 base Energy, 3000 Health, 4 Energy Regeneration, 70 Armor. 20 Critical Strikes, 20 Dagger Mastery.
- Black Dragon Strike:
- Coffin Nail:
- Conjure Dragonflame:
- Dragon Scales:
- Golden Dragon Fangs:
- Phoenix Cloak:
5 1 8 Enchantment Spell. (10 seconds.) You gain 300 Health each second, but you cannot attack. Initial effect: shadow step to a location out of earshot directly away from target foe; lose all hexes and conditions.
- Shrouded Prison:
- Way of the Dragon:
Boss: Khesze, Chaos Lord
Boss-like foe: Level 30 Mesmer. 55 base Energy, 5000 Health, 5 Energy Regeneration, 60 Armor. 20 Fast Casting (does NOT receive universal HCT).
- Blade of the Chaos Lord:
5 2 8 Enchantment Spell. (15 seconds.) Lose all hexes and conditions. You move and attack 50% faster and have +60 Armor and 75% chance to block attacks. Whenever you hit with an attack, your target and all adjacent foes lose 5 Energy and take 10 damage per point of Energy lost.
- Chaotic Surge:
- Chaotic Visions:
10 5 4 Hex Spell. (3 seconds.) Also hexes nearby foes. Whenever a hexed foe uses a skill or attacks, all nearby foes take 50 damage. After 3 seconds, hexed foes and nearby foes take 100 damage. Ends if a hexed foe uses a skill.
- Cry of Chaos:
- Feast of Chaos:
- Mentality Besieged:
5 2 5 Hex Spell. (30 seconds.) Target foe has +100 maximum Energy and cannot use skills. End effect: target foe regains all Energy and takes 5 damage for each point of Energy gained; target's skills are recharged and they take 50 damage for each skill recharged in this way. Ends if that foe's energy reaches 0.
- Terror's Grasp:
10 4 20 Hex Spell. (12 seconds.) Also hexes foes in the area. Whenever a hexed foe uses a skill, all other foes in the area are interrupted. Interrupt effect: steal 10 energy from each interrupted foe.
- Void's Siren Song:
10 3 8 Hex Spell. (6 seconds.) Also hexes adjacent foes. The next time each hexed foe uses a skill, that skill is disabled. After 6 seconds, each hexed foe takes 1000 damage. Ends if a hexed foe uses a skill.