Armbrace of Truth
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Armbrace of Truth|
|Value||Can't be sold|
|Collector(s)||Deacon of Whispers|
- From a Spirit of Truth in exchange for 60 Anguish Gemstones (15 of each type).
- From a Coffer of Whispers as a random reward.
|Martial weapons||All weapon types (including all five bow types)
Daggers inflict slashing damage.
|Perfect Strength and Honor inscription.|
|Shields||All shield attributes||Perfect Shield Handle of Fortitude and empty inscription slot.|
|Focus items||All spellcasting attributes||Perfect Focus Core of Fortitude and empty inscription slot.|
|Scepters||All spellcasting attributes||Perfect Wand Wrapping of Memory and empty inscription slot.|
|Staves||All spellcasting attributes||Hale and Hearty inscription.|
- Since a single character can only hold a maximum of 100 at any one time, armbraces are used as an alternate currency to facilitate high-value trades, e.g. for hard-to-obtain weapons or miniatures. Other common alternatives include Globs of Ectoplasm and Zaishen Keys.
- This item is commonly misspelled as Ambrace.
- In the duping incident of 2007, players were able to duplicate items by exploiting a bug in the reconnect after disconnect function. Although this violated the EULA, some players cloned hundreds of thousands of armbraces in this time. ArenaNet staff took steps to ban the most egregious offenders, but it is believed that a sizable portion of the armbraces existed in-game for a decade. A cloned armbrace is indistinguishable from a legitimate armbrace, and functions exactly the same.