Favor of the gods
- This article is about the game mechanic. For the Morale Boost offered by avatars in Factions and Nightfall, see Blessing#Factions and Nightfall (avatar blessings).
When adventurers accomplish heroic deeds, favor of the gods is granted to their world. The favor of the gods affects all players in the game world, regardless of where they live in the real world. The special command /favor displays the amount of time remaining in the current favor or, if the world is without favor, the number of feats required before it is granted. While the world has favor of the gods, statues to the gods are animated, the drop rate of rare items increases, and Silver Vaettir can spawn.
Favor is granted based on how often characters obtain the maximum rank in a qualifying title. Each time this happens, the game announces the achievement via the chat window in the three outposts that provide access to the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld (i.e. Chantry of Secrets, Temple of the Ages, and Zin Ku Corridor) and the four intercontinental ports.
- After twenty announcements, the gods will grant favor for 60 minutes.
- While the world has favor, each additional announcement extends the duration by three more minutes.
- Connoisseur of Confectionaries (2)
- Incorrigible Ale-Hound (2)
- Legendary Cartographer (1)
- Legendary Defender of Ascalon (1)
- Legendary Guardian (1)
- Legendary Master of the North (6)
- Legendary Skill Hunter (1)
- Legendary Survivor (3)
- Legendary Vanquisher (1)
- Life of the Party (2)
- God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals (6)
- Blessed by Fate (6)
- Cursed by Fate (7)
- Gamer (12)
- Grandmaster Treasure Hunter (7)
- Legendary Champion (12)
- Legendary Gladiator (12)
- Legendary Hero (15)
- Legendary Hero of the Zaishen (12)
- Savior of the Kurzicks (12)
- Savior of the Luxons (12)
- Source of Wisdom (7)
- Favor is capped at 34,999 minutes (~24 days), the equivalent of 11,667 achievements. Maintaining a constant level of favor requires a new achievement every three minutes.
- During the weekend of March 23, 2007, a special event was held where both FoW and UW were opened to players at all times, without the requirement of favor of the gods.
- Prior to the August 9, 2007 update, favor was granted per territory and depended on events in the Hall of Heroes; when teams of a single territory defended the Hall five consecutive times, all players in their territory gained favor.
- The Treasure Hunter and Wisdom titles did not count towards earning favor between the November 13, 2008 update (which made these titles account-based) and the June 11, 2009 update.
- Prior to the November 13, 2008 update, the Sunspear and Lightbringer titles counted towards favor.
- The October 22, 2009 update removed Hero Battles from the game. It is now no longer possible to gain ranks in the Commander title track.
- The September 26, 2013 update increased the drop rate of rare items when favor of the gods is active. Prior to that update:
- Characters could only summon a god's avatar at the relevant statue while the world had favor of the gods (excluding The Goddess of Truth).
- While the world did not have favor of the gods, the only method to enter the Fissure of Woe or the Underworld was to use a corresponding Passage Scroll.