Help:Ask a game question
|Ask a Guild Wars question|
This page is for questions about playing Guild Wars,
Please contact Guild Wars support on account related problems.
Please read the following rules before asking your question:
monitor cuts out after install
Just got GW 1 back, but when in finishes downloadding the files in auto launches, and my monitor turns off, the sound stays on but i can't do anything. when i tab out it pretty much crashes and forces me to do a hard restart. ive updated my drivers and reinstalled but still no luck. Any idea? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:26, 28 April 2019 (UTC).
- Sorry to hear you're having troubles. Please refer to the Support page. You may need to contact the guildwars support team for help (we're just players like you on this wiki). Greener (talk) 04:01, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
- Have you tried launching Guild Wars in windowed mode and/or as an Administrator and if yes, did the issue persist? - Infinite - talk 12:55, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Getting blocked at Account Creation
I'm at the place where I'm supposed to give my email addy and my password. It won't accpt any password I input. This is a new account I'm creating, and I don;t understand how any password I choose can be invalid. I can't contact GW support because I need an account to do that.
- You can email Support directly via email@example.com and start a conversation with them that way. I hope it gets sorted out for you! Greener (talk) 04:32, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
Is the game down? I live in callahan fl. Gild 1 and 2 is not coming up to run, is it down? Darrell
- If the game is down, then it will likely be only temporary. You can keep an eye on their twitter account for updates: https://twitter.com/guildwars Greener (talk) 17:59, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- https://kamadan.decltype.org/ is spooling chat from kama amer d1 so its gotta be a localized outage if anything. (There has been widespread internet issues unrelated to gw in both europe and amer the past week. https://www.wired.com/story/bgp-route-leak-internet-outage/ https://bgr.com/2019/06/24/internet-outage-2019-google-amazon-reddit-down/ Durp da durp (talk) 18:14, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Compass Hero Movement
Why can I no longer move and set my Henchmen or Heroes using the compass feature? My 4 campaign level 20 Character can't use the compass movement for my Heroes.
18.104.22.168 21:56, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
Devoting minis in HOM
I have devoted minis before to my display but now I cant add any of my others even though it shows the minis still available. How can I add them to my tapestry? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 19:08, 14 July 2019 (UTC).
- Only thing I can think of is... Each character must add a tapestry to each monument to be able to show stuff. Did you maybe do the tapestry and dedicate minis on a different character? Durp da durp (talk) 19:15, 14 July 2019 (UTC)
- No, same character and tapestry is still on display --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:24, 14 July 2019 (UTC).
You want to tell me why I and many many loyal players of this dying game can't log in to KAMADAN? Days now it hangs and nothing proceeds. I even uninstalled \ to make sure it wasn't my loader, or computer. Nope, it is the Outpost not loading at all. Not cool as many new players are frustrated already with the game and the glitches. How come lately things are let slide. Also. The quest for the Cemetery for Guard posts two didn't even acknowledge and that pissed me off. I had to do the mission three times and every time, it didn't clear the posts! All the foes, the guardsman were killed. I successfully killed them and disabled all the traps. Next. When I try to do the weapon 20% to customize it. The action won't allow it to be customized. As for GuildWars 2. Not a lot of positive comments from people.
Thanks for listening to me, I hope you look into this because the game is still being sold and it should not be let go all because you made a game that is not at all what the nonstop hype made it out to be. It isn't all that. Visual yes, but game play etc. Awful. Should have left it be. GuildWars used to be so fun, now it is turning into a bore. Glitch glitch glitch.
- This kamadan thing has only been happening for the past 8hrs or so, not days. It happened once before and is probably a problem at AWS (amazon web services, gw servers are on amazon servers). It is only amer district of kama/gtob/pre ascalon. Login on any character that is is any other town. Change to international district, that is account wide. After doing so, you can login on any character and play as normal with no issues. The 2 devs left on gw1 are in usa, they have to sleep once in a while. This is a community wiki, not a direct line to the developers. Durp da durp (talk) 07:47, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
boss summoning and node/ guild wars
so im trying to summon the boss Bheg but every time I try to summon him, via scroll in my inventory I get the message "you cannot attack the summoned boss on servers with node/conquest wars in progress. I can't progress through the story without killing this boss. is there a server in which doesn't allow this stuff, just so I can get on with the game. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:40, 25 October 2019 (UTC).