King Jalis Ironhammer
|King Jalis Ironhammer|
Eye of the North
Jalis after the Rite of the Great Dwarf.
Born in: Grooble's Gultch
The wise king of the Deldrimor dwarves, King Jalis Ironhammer rules his people from the peaks of the Shiverpeak mountains. He is a smart, strong, patient man who makes decisions based solely on how they will affect the well-being of all the dwarves in Deldrimor. He lives to serve his people, and they love and respect him for it.
There are those, however, who wish to see the good king taken out of power. Namely, the Stone Summit, a group of xenophobic dwarves who had broken their ties with Deldrimor and are trying to take control of the dwarven nation. Over the past several years, the Summit have been growing their power, and a civil war is brewing.
King Jalis Ironhammer does not want to fight other dwarves, but he will do what he must to keep his people safe. Along with his loyal brother, Brechnar Ironhammer, the king has rallied his forces, and they stand ready to defend their home. The question on the king's mind though is this: Can he win?
Patient, thoughtful, and wise—all are attributes commonly ascribed to King Jalis Ironhammer, except by the rebellious Stone Summit Dwarves, of course. When Ascalonian refugees sought passage through the Shiverpeaks, King Jalis recognized the advantages of helping potential allies during their time of despair. This wise decision was more than repaid when the adventurers he had aided returned and helped defeat the leaders of the Stone Summit Dwarves, restoring order to the Shiverpeaks.
Once the immediate threat of civil war was gone, King Jalis turned to rebuilding Deldrimor society. But the discovery of the Tome of Rubicon has pointed the Dwarves toward a new destiny—one that will test the mettle of this great king as he attempts to lead his people through the greatest trial the Dwarves have ever faced.
King Jalis Ironhammer (born either 944 or 945 AE) is the latest king of Deldrimor. He shows his concern for his people, making decisions based solely on how they will affect the Dwarves of Deldrimor, and in turn he is loved by his people. He values the alliance with humans and is willing to aid any who can aid him and his people.
He is brother to Brechnar Ironhammer and cousin to Dagnar Stonepate, leader of the Stone Summit who seeks to topple Jalis. Jalis resents fighting other Dwarves but is willing to do so in order to keep his people safe.
In 1079 AE, he journeyed to the Far Shiverpeaks where he and his army began preparations to fight the Destroyer threat. His final act as king before leading an attack on Destroyers was performing the Rite of the Great Dwarf.
- Eye of the North
- Eye of the North
- Depths of Tyria
Quests involved in:
- Southern Shiverpeaks
- Eye of the North
Droknar's Forge (explorable area)
- Thanks to your heroism, Vizier Khilbron, the Lich Lord, no longer threatens Tyria, and my brother did not give his life in vain. Your amazing deeds have secured your place in history as one of the paramount heroes of the world. All of Tyria owes you a debt of gratitude, but we Deldrimor Dwarves owe you an even greater debtt[sic]. Your aid in our conflict against the Stone Summit helped me regain my seat in Thunderhead Keep. For that we are forever allies. Accompanying me today are the finest Deldrimor weaponsmiths. As a show of our eternal friendship, I offer you this Deldrimor Talisman, which allows you to claim a weapon of your choice. Fight with honor, my friend.
- Thank you, King Jalis. It was my honor to fight beside you. (before receiving the Deldrimor Talisman)
- Your kind words and your friendship are all the reward I require. (before receiving the Deldrimor Talisman)
- End conversation: "I'll be on my way."
- "It is good to see you! Our plans against the Destroyers proceed apace."
- "It is good to see you again, <character name>. Happy Wintersday to you. This pipe? It is a little garish, I agree, but it's not made out of corncob like you'd think! It is actually made of the bones of the horned frost giant Gornash! When you've got the time, I'll have to tell you that tale. It's a good one."
- King Jalis's quest dialogue for The Greatest Snowman Ever Made mentions that the pipe is made out of the bones from a frost giant named "Gorgash"; however, his Wintersday dialogue mentions using the bones of a frost giant named "Gornash".
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Jalis Ironhammer.|
- King Jalis's voice actor in Eye of the North is Paul Eiding.