Murakai, Lady of the Night is the end boss in the Cathedral of Flames. Defeating her spawns Murakai's Chest.
Tips for defeating Murakai
- All of Murakai's skills are spells, so keeping her dazed makes the fight much easier.
- Interrupts and knock downs can neutralize most of the danger from her.
- Murakai can be killed easily in Hard mode with Pain Inverter, since her area of effect (AoE) skills will cause her to suffer multiple hits of reflected damage.
- Spreading out is not considered effective, as many of her skills will affect the entire party regardless of position or proximity.
- Pulling her towards the bridge on the east side of her chamber allows players to take advantage of the Fire Spout to damage her and/or her minions.
- If all party members have a ranged build, an animal companion will hold her aggro, keep her Power meter from recharging quickly, and keep her within range.
- If she fills her Power meter, spread out before she uses her Storm of Souls, so that only one party member is at risk.
- Try slowing down the recharge of her Power meter by tackling her one-on-one and bringing the rest of the party into play only when dealing with her summoned allies.
- Bring plenty of condition removal skills. Cautery Signet can be combined with Plague Sending and/or Plague Touch to inflict burning while removing all or most of the conditions from the entire party.