| Known facts
- Is a necromancer, and a strong supporter of Grenth.
- Is said to be married to Mad King Thorn.
- Hosts a Halloween and a Wintersday community event each year.
- Attends and supports many community events.
- Is a strong supporter of roleplaying in Guild Wars and is always "in-character".
- Always answers the whispers of her fans and foes.
- Has various movies of her adventures on youtube.
- Claims to not be a part of any guild, despite her guild tag.
- Claims to be immortal.
- Has only 1 known account.
- The name Malafide, means "bad in spirit/nature", or "not to be trusted".
- Has various equally insane followers across Tyria.
- Is an enthusiastic collector of mini pets.
- Is the only person in Tyria who rides a flying bonedragon.
- Is biased against people from Ascalon, whom she considers rude and uneducated.
- Is strongly distrusting towards automatons.
- Hates demons.
- Hates mesmers more than anything else. (Supposedly related to a mesmer beating her in pvp.)
- Hates dwarves, and enjoys making jokes about them.
- Hates Asura, and also enjoys making jokes about them.
- Hates children.
- Hates animals.
- Hates Haddon the Dyetrader.
- Hates mesmers.
- Hates mesmers.
| General information
Mad Queen Malafide is a rather odd individual who frequently visits the people of Kryta to "bless them with her presence". The self obsessed Queen is no doubt completely insane, and it is likely that those who support her are either equally -insane, -terribly evil, -afraid of her, -or all three.
Both loved and hated by the people of Kryta, the self proclaimed Queen often visits Lion's Arch to visit "her people". It is no secret that rumours of a lost member of the Royal family making claims to power have angered the Mad Queen, who desires power over Kryta above all. Her hold over the lands of Kryta is limited though, as the White Mantle keep an iron grip on their lands.
The Mad Queen considers herself the most beautiful being on Tyria and it is ill advised to argue with the badly tempered Queen on this matter. Rumours that the Queen might actually be wearing a wig are wide spread, though people tend to keep such things to them selves when ever the Queen is about. The Queen is known to be very vain and self centered in a pleasantly entertaining way. Yet she is also quite generous when her give away events are concerned.
Malafide is known for her pale white skin and ludicrous white hair (which is rumoured to be a wig). She always wears a silvery gray Krytan Tormentor's Armor, with golden gauntlets and matching boots. Her weapon of choice is Vanahk's Staff. Currently it is unknown how the Queen came to lose all her hair, but rumour has it that this dates back to a terrible event in her troubled past. The Queen always wears several decorative metal spikes which are woven into her hair. She also wears a simple choker and an elaborate necklace. One side of her face is covered with a large red scar, which is quite common among many necromancers.
| Crimes and vices
- Blowing up an orphanage at the Ascalon settlement.
- Illegally parking a bonedragon in Lion's Arch on multiple occasions.
- Disturbing the peace in Lion's Arch.
- No longer allowed to bring dangerous pet into Lion's Arch.
- Feeding mesmers to pet bonedragon.
- Selling magical shrines to Charr shamans.
- Beating up and threatening various Krytan children and taking their gold.
- Turning various inhabitants of Kryta into animals.
- Breaking and entering into various White Mantle temples.
- Threatening the head of the Vabbian library after being refused access to certain books.
- Stealing a precious book from the Vabbian library with pet wolf.
- No longer allowed to enter the Vabbian library after pet wolf shredded said valuable book.
Mad Queen Malafide comes from a world known as Ashynnt, from a land called Nimaeh. Although the Queen does not often talk about her home world, it is a fact that Miya comes from this very same world as well. It is assumed that her world is not that much different from Tyria, although it lacks Charr, Asura, Norn, Dwarves and other native Tyrian species.
It is said that a terrible calamity caused the Queen to be "cursed with immortality" and that this traumatic event also drove her mad. Occasionally the Queen refers to "40 years spend alone in total darkness" as the cause of "being the wonderful person that she is today". Although she tends to talk in a mocking tone about her past, there is a clear sadness in her words. Occasionally it seems as if her madness is but a mask, and that she buries her true feelings deep inside behind a wall of hatred and spite. The Queen isn't human, despite her humanoid appearence. She claims to be one of the last surviving Eya from her world, apparently a long lost civilisation.
| Royal blood
The Mad Queen's royal blood is widely disputed. It is said that the Queen married the late Mad King Thorn, and thus made claims to the royal title. Exact details on this are unknown. It is however obvious that the Queen's marriage was not one out of love. Both Malafide and Thorn share a deep hatred for each other, and it is a complete mystery why the two are married. A marriage out of mutual benefit is likely, though at this time but a theory. According to Malafide, Grenth wanted to thank Mad King Thorn for his good service, and thus allowed him to revisit Kryta once a year on the date of his execution. However, the Mad King himself has so far been unavailable to verify these claims.
| Infamous quotes
- "Friends are just foes waiting to stab you in the back."
- "Madness is but another way to view reality"
- "Like taking organs from a baby!"
- "He is not a DOGGY! He is a fearsome killing machine!" (When Miya calls her pet wolf a doggy.)
- "Assassins are a necro's best friend! Portable corpses!"
- "Deck the halls with ghouls unholy, falalalala, lalalala!"
- "Tis the season to be greedy, falalalala, lalalala!"
- "By Dwayna's hairy back!"
- "If you can't beat them, bribe them."
- "On the first day, the gods created me... they could have stopped right there."
- "Shh! Do you hear that? It's the sound of victory!"
- "Grenth take me now!"
- "With enemies this ugly, who needs friends?"
- "It is NOT a wig!"
- "I usually recognise assassins by the soul reaping."
- "My lips are as sealed as a Mursaat door."
- "I am as ready as a Jungle Troll in spring."
- "I am as nuts as a Simian shaking a coconut."
- "Like Norgu said to the hill: Lets roll!"
- "What's a bigger word than Ginormous? Wait, I know, Norguormous!" (When explaining to Daniel the size of their Horrorween event)
- "This armour fits me like lunch fits Norgu."
- "I am as ready as Norgu waiting for dinner."
- "If Prince Bokka and Norgu aren't related, atleast they share the same eating disorder".
- "I once tried to get Norgu new armor. The crafter just laughed at me and requested a Tent of the Brotherhood."
- "When Norgu bleeds, does he bleed gravy and cheese?"
- "Every time I add Norgu to my party, he takes up three spots!"
- "I once took Norgu into the Realm of Torment and he got stuck in the vortex. It took a wagon full of butter to get him out again."
- "Norgu once asked me if I could give him a hand, and I asked in fear: Will I get it back?"
- "I love goofy smiles, Ascalon is full of those! (When replying to someone's daughter giving her a goofy smile)"
- "Yes darlings, read all about alcohol, then tell your children. (When someone was directed to the wiki for information about the Drunkard title)"
- "I'm so happy I could burn a village! In fact, I just did!"
- "If Tyria still has mesmers 250 years from now, I hope they have an equal amount of catapults."
- "I´d rather share a bunk-bed underneath Norgu."
- "I´d rather push a fat Dolyak up a slippery slope in mid winter."
- "I'd rather drive my head into a bucket of rusty nails."
- "I'd rather cover my hands in hotsauce and wave at Norgu."
- "I'd rather swallow live Devourers."
- "I'd rather wrestle a mob of Jungle Trolls while covered in chicken."
- "I'd rather ask an Aatxe for directions."
- "I'd rather charge into a Tengu camp dressed up as a cat."
- "I'd rather re-adjust Norgu's belt-buckle without life ensurance."
- "I'd rather go carolling in the Domain of Anguish."
| Battle quotes
- "Today is the first day of the end of your life!"
- "Itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the necro and ripped its leggies out!"
- "Welcome to the bottom of the foodchain!"
- "I put the "aaaaah" into agony!"
- "Who needs friends, when you've got minions!"
- "Eat bloodspike and die!"
- "Evil, meet greater evil!"
- "You may be evil too, but I hate competition!"
- "Bow to your Queen!"
- "Bow before my might!"
- "Feel the wrath of the Eya!"
- "Oh glorious soul reaping!"
- "Funky like a yellow monkey!"
- "They say sharing is caring... So let me share my blade with you!"
- "It's time for your dentist appointment!"
| Friends and allies
The Queen is always accompanied by her loyal monk companion Miya. This innocent and naïve girl seems to always follow Mad Queen Malafide around. Miya is a dedicated follower of Dwayna, and is the exact opposite of Malafide. Malafide seems to enjoy bullying Miya around, although Miya seems mostly unaffected by it. Despite her mistreatment of Miya, many believe that the Queen secretly cares a great deal for Miya. However, if this is the case, the Queen is keen to hide such feelings of affection behind a shroud of anger and hatred. It is said Miya and Malafide both come from the same world. Miya is one of the few to have traveled on the back of Malafide's bonedragon, although she is not very fond of it. Apparently this is due to a few incidents where Malafide would perform a corkscrew maneuver in mid air.
The Queen has a pet wolf called Regurgitator. This foul beast is as badly tempered as its mistress and Regurgitator's loyalty seems to come purely out of fear for the Queen. It is no secret that the Queen makes a habit of mistreating her pets, which is bound to make them turn against her some day. The "Zoo-crew" on one rare occasion commented on her mistreatment of animals, to which the Queen replied that "A good kicking is the only way to beat some obedience into your pet". -Which prompty resulted in much disapproval from her pet loving party.
The Queen has a group of so called "elves". These necromancer ladies are every bit as twisted as their mistress and have often helped out with her events. They enjoy handing out presents to the people of Tyria, but seem to take less of a liking to the constant mistreatment by their evil mistress. Currently the Queen seems to be holding her events without the aid of her elves, but one might never know when they will return.
The Queen has many followers across Tyria, most of whom reside in Lion's Arch. They follow the Queen and her evil ways as much as they follow the ways of Grenth.
The Queen often attends and supports events by Daniel Frozenwind, who hosts many community events. Both Malafide and Daniel have a past shrouded in mystery. At first both of them held seperate events until eventually they decided to join forces. Now they are always found together at events. Their teamwork is known to be purely professional. Daniel is one of the few to have actually traveled on the back of Malafide's bonedragon, along with Miya. The King of the Snowmen has always stated that he is not afraid of heights, not in the slightest. It is rumoured that Daniel received a special stone from the Mad King during Halloween, but its purpose is unknown.
Although Gaile Gray is a ranger (and thus obviously supporting the wrong God from Malafide's point of view), she does always seem to treat the former community relations spokesperson as kindly as can be expected from an evil Queen. The two have competed head to head in the Dragons nest, after which Malafide attributed her loss to "letting the ranger win". Malafide is known to be a very bad loser. Gaile can often be found on events with the Mad Queen and Daniel Frozenwind, as she enjoys attending community events.
A necromancer who has Malafide's approval. But the mesmer secondary....? Why darling, why?
Mad King Thorn
The former ruler of Kryta occasionally helps the Mad Queen when she thinks she does not need any help. Mad King Thorn made an appearance in one of the promotional videos for the first Mursaat Rally along with both Miya and Malafide. His reasons for his interest in the Mad Queen are unknown, but according to the Mad Queen their marriage was not one out of love.
The Queen occasionally runs into a man named Fergal, to whom the Queen refers to as "Crimthan". This trickster who resembles a mesmer is said to be a powerful vampire. The Queen takes a strong disliking to his presence and his influence on little Miya. However, Malafide and Crimthan have never been seen fighting each other so far.
The Queen often talks about a man called Corvus, who she hates more than anything else on this world. She seems to have dedicated her entire life in pursuit of this mysterious individual. Not much is known about Corvus on this world.
The Queen hates demons. Many often consider this a contradiction, since they seem to be every bit as evil as she is. Still, the Queen's hatred towards demons seems to go back many years.
The Queen is quite fond of Blood Magic, but occasionally raises minions as well. The Curses attribute line is her least favourite. Her main skillset is always a Blood Magic build, which she usually combines with monk as a secondary profession. Her standard build is:
Protective Bond is kept up permanently as defence against spikes and high damage single attacks. This helps protect against powerful attacks from bosses or against siege attacks by wurms for example. This allows the Queen to take on powerful adversaries with little to no health loss. A low health pool reduces even the most powerful attacks to a minor 22 damage and an energy loss of 5. The loss of energy is minor, especially when taking into account the energy that is gained with high ranks in Soul Reaping. The constant use of life draining spells such as Life Transfer ensures that any damage is healed almost instantly and when stacking Life Siphon on top of that (on the same target) it grants the Queen +11 health regeneration. This number is automatically capped at +10, but the extra +1 comes into play when overcoming life draining hexes and conditions. Blood Renewal is stacked on top of this, to not only add 10 seconds of even more health regeneration but also a large health boost once the enchantment ends.
Shadow Strike is used as an opening attack right after both health draining hexes have been used on the target. Necrosis and Blood of the Aggressor are then used in turns to reduce the remaining health of the target. Signet of Lost Souls is used just before a target dies to keep the energy pool up.
This build is intended against single targets. While Life Transfer recently received a boost so that it now hits multiple targets, the build itself still focusses on taking targets down one by one. This build is weak against foes that use multiple fast attacks, because this can drain the energy pool rather quickly. The build is also weak against mesmers and disenchantment in particular. In most cases this build is best used when playing a backliner, because it helps drain strong targets fast and it exhausts monks. The dazed condition is the bane of most casters and this build is no exception. Attacks such as Broad Head Arrow should be avoided at all costs.
The build is mostly an all round build with it's main strenghts in backline offense, bosses and one on one encounters. It can keep a necromancer alive against single warriors and assassins of an equal level. These professions are usually unable to break through the insane health regeneration that this build offers and often have little defence against the powerful stacked life draining it does as well.
Note that when expecting to face wurms, it is best to swap out Shadow Strike for Remove Hex to get rid of Wurm Bile. Aslong as you're properly prepared, you'll have no problem taking down the toughest of adversaries. Whenever you run into a group of Incubi it is best to drop the Protective Bond enchantment, or Soulrending Shriek will make you dazed. Protective Bond can also be swapped for a resurrection skill or for Mending Touch in pvp or easier runs. Basically, if you are not expecting heavy resistance, drop Protective Bond for something that will assist your party.
This pvp variant can be used to face up to two enemies directly. It can keep you alive against assassins and warriors, provided that you remove Deep Wound the moment the condition appears by using Mending Touch (and you should be wearing Tormentor's Armor). This will cause the assassin to not make it past his break point, and by that time he'll come to realise that he will not be able to retreat safely to the shadows with the double lifedraining stacked on top of his soon to be corpse. Necrosis is a pve skill, and thus cannot be used in pvp. In this build it has been replaced by Lifebane Strike, which does exactly the same as Shadow Strike. You can also use Dark Pact or Jaundiced Gaze, so you have a skill that is easily spammable.
- Wintersday 2005
- Halloween 2006
- The Mad Queen's wintersday marathon 2006
- (A three part race across the dangerous snow covered Shiverpeaks.)
- Race 1 winners: Yak's Bend to the Icetooth Cave.
- Gabriel Cramer E/A
- Aldeth Whitesheaf R/Mo
- Anastasia Kerensky R/Mo
- Jaded Sentinel W/A
- K Gecko R/Mo
- Angua Wolfshot R/Mo
- Gale Valen W/A
- Race 2 winners: From Droknar's Forge to Ironmines of Moladune.
- None, everyone died.
- Race 3 winner: Camp Rankor to Beacon's Perch.
- Gale Valen, she won the grand prize money of 50k.
- Halloween 2007
- Wintersday 2007
- Halloween 2008 (The King and Queen's Horrorween 2008)
- Trailer (Horrorween 2008 trailer)
- Video 1 (Video of Night of the Minipets and the Horrorween by Tidus)
- Video 1 (Video of the event by Tidus)
- Video 2 (Video of the event by CTPoundz)
- Video 3 (Video of the event by Aquirios)
- Trailer (Horrorween 2009 trailer)
- The King and Queen's Horrorween 2010
- Teaser (Horrorween 2010 teaser)
| Other appearances
Mad Queen Malafide has also appeared in other games. One of which is a short turn based RPG called Issi's Adventure, in which both Miya and Malafide act as their usual selves. This RPG was made as a birthday present for a dedicated roleplayer, who played the role of a fairy named Issi on an online roleplaying forum. Miya and Malafide were added as an inside joke, as the same player also played Guild Wars occasionally. The game contained some of the usual Miya and Malafide quotes, like their endless discussions about Malafide's wolf being a cute doggy and Miya's obsession with bunnies.