Cyndr the Mountain Heart
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Cyndr the Mountain Heart|
|Affiliation||Depths of Tyria wildlife|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Location in Heart of the Shiverpeaks
- Pyroclastic Shot is Cyndr's main attack; it cannot be disabled. It also seems to have about spirit range (or half the compass range), so splitting up your party is important.
- The only conditions that affect Cyndr while his carapace armor is intact are Deep Wound, Bleeding, Disease, and Poison.
- He uses Flame Burst when someone comes near. This will deal around 450 to 500 damage to a low armored character such as spellcasters.
- Whenever Cyndr burrows and pops up at a new location, his carapace regenerates.
- While protected by "Mountain Heart Carapace," Cyndr is immune to all direct attacks and hex spells. This defense can be weakened by dropping powder kegs close to him. Three kegs temporarily take down the armor. Additional blasts deal about 50 damage.
- Cyndr has the equivalent of four pips of health regeneration.
- Life stealing, such as Grenth's Balance, and some degenerating conditions (Bleeding, Disease, and Poison) can get past his armor and reduce or eliminate his natural regeneration.
- If you do not bring any melee, you can spread out and wand him to death if you flag on solid ground with a hero between each group. Signet of Infection can disease him as well if he is bleeding.
- Because Cyndr can make kegs explode, it is recommended to have the keg runner buffed with skills such as Protective Spirit.
- Because Pyroclastic Shot is a projectile, you can change direction while moving to avoid being hit.
- If you have a full player party, it is advised to have everyone grab a keg before the battle. The first three kegs would remove the carapace while the other five would do a total of 250 damage.
- Maw the Mountain Heart shares the same title suffix.